<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Imbalance in the force(s)...?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:07 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
I agree, I think most people will play the Supremes they like, or stick to a subfaction theme that they like. Winning ties isn't a big enough effect to have that strong an effect on list building for me, and I'm guessing most other people as well.

In some cases where my entire team is going to share a common origin I might want to plan ahead in case we go up against something with significant bonuses against that origin but that's about as far as I'd likely go. The example I'm thinking of is a Heavy Metal team possibly wanting to have a contingency plan for handling Technophobe models for instance. That might be as simple as recognizing those models and making them high priority targets early in the game or looking for abilities on your team to weaken them, keep them at range, or starve them of AP.

Even then, that's probably only for tournaments and such, in casual play I don't think I'd bother much at all :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:00 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Zee wrote:
I think another thing to keep in mind is that the origins mostly only affect ties in the rolls. As mentioned earlier, the tactics used will determine the outcome of the game a lot better than the actual die roll being a tie and relying on origin.

Another point: I think that because Super Heroes and Villains are something of a aesthetic preference, I can see people sticking with models/characters they like over actual full fledged forces of a certain type.

I prefer ranged with some up close action, and so will be running mostly Necroplane due to their decent :MND ranged combat, and back it up with a little bit of :STR and some mercs with some :ENG .

Currently, I don't believe that I purchased any Nature models, though I'm sure that will change. Can't wait to see new Necroplane stuff!

With the upcoming Agendas, all-Origin Teams get a look-in, which can double up with all-Sub-faction Origins with careful selection (think of an all-Heavy metal team taking the agendas for Science-only and Heavy Metal-only; similar other options are in place for most other Teams - Coven looks the least likely to exploit these twin combos due to the mixed bag of origins).

Of course it is only a minor issue, but i like to look at these things.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:54 pm
MortalPosts: 34Location: Atlanta, GaJoined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm
Quote:
In some cases where my entire team is going to share a common origin I might want to plan ahead in case we go up against something with significant bonuses against that origin but that's about as far as I'd likely go. The example I'm thinking of is a Heavy Metal team possibly wanting to have a contingency plan for handling Technophobe models for instance. That might be as simple as recognizing those models and making them high priority targets early in the game or looking for abilities on your team to weaken them, keep them at range, or starve them of AP.

I think your plan for those models will be "Kill that one first" :STR

Quote:
With the upcoming Agendas, all-Origin Teams get a look-in, which can double up with all-Sub-faction Origins with careful selection (think of an all-Heavy metal team taking the agendas for Science-only and Heavy Metal-only; similar other options are in place for most other Teams - Coven looks the least likely to exploit these twin combos due to the mixed bag of origins).

This excites me, as it will make for interesting games :D