<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  My Salute 2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:07 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I gotta share this story with you cause I find it hillarious.

This year has been one hectic for my primary business activity, so with the shaping up of the new Pulp Monsters structure and relocation of most of the packaging and shipping to a whole different part of Poland, all I could do is go to Salute as a visitor, hoping to meet some of the fans and friends.

I was so excited about it!

Then, the volcano with the most obscure name decided to go off.
On Mon, my notebook died in a pathethic way and its manufacturer couldn't even ship it to the official repair centre... because there was no flights.
On Wed, it still looked like I might be grounded. I finished my contract work, headed back home and packed myself in vain hope things will get better in the morning.

Then, at midnight I realised I should drive my dog to my parents as he wouldn't be overly happy about having to stay for three days on his own. 1000 yards from my house the clutch breaks making the car totally not responsive. I use the momentum to wheel to the side. With brave Draku in board, I push the ton of metal back to my street (don't ask why), having to break some rules about one way streets to make it shorter. Mind I live in total downtown ;)

My plane takes off, I'm at Salute and I am thinking that I had way too much of that awesome Indian food last night, but nope, it is some kind of a food poisoning ;)
I
In the end, as much as I can remember through the haze it was a lot of fun, meeting with Leon in particular (man, that diet coke saved my life!). Thanks to MaxMini crew too - you are true friends. Unfortunately, I didn't have much strength to walk around, I only ninja shopped one book.... but I heard that some of the booths were splendid :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:44 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Man that is one crazy story! :shock:

Glad you had some fun at least and was great to meet you! It is always far more worthwhile and rewarding when you meet the driving force behind a project that has as much passion about their creations as you! You made it easy for my friend and I to want to immerse ourselves in your world.......many other companies could learn a lot from you! :D

We can't wait to play! Just waiting for our cards :wink:

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Jeeze, you sound about as lucky as me LoL!

Glad it all worked out in the end!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I thought you had that alter ego, Mr. Convention Man, to handle things like this. Perhaps he was busy fighting crime and volcano dust?

Glad you survived, though.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:19 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I'm glad to hear you survived!

Now that the con is out of the way, the wheel of fate can turn. Things are only going to get better from here.

:STR and :SPT for the win!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile