<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Pulled the trigger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
OK, I just placed an order for a bunch of Pulp City models. Some of the ones I wanted were out of stock, but hopefully they'll be back in stock by the time the new models are available and I can catch them in the 2nd wave.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:07 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Excellent!

You are going to enjoy building your team of supremes. Pulp City models are a ton of fun to paint. They are a fantastic break from other games where you feel a need to keep to a particular scheme accross dozens of models.

Rock on!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:05 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Now you've gone and done it.

One of Us!

One of Us!

One of Us!

One of Us!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:30 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Thanks!
Which ones were out of stock from your wishlist?

The store should be showing all as available.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:31 pm
I ordered through frpgames, they had both boxed starter sets and the Seabolt/Boreas blister for 30% off which was sort of irresistable :)

The new models and some of the missing ones (Apebot/Virus, Dr.Mercury/Chronin) I've gone ahead and ordered through our local game store.

I had originally expected to get my models Saturday but the storms in Tennessee delayed my package and now they're supposed to be arriving today.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 am
My models came in today! Not until fairly late, so I didn't get as much work done on them as I wanted, but they're here.

So, almost everyone is glued to their base and all loose parts have been separated out. I still need to wash the minis with some soap & water, and then attach the loose parts. I'm hoping to finish this work tomorrow night. I also need to pick up a couple of 2" foam trays to store everyone in.

A few of the models will need a little greenstuff to go together like Guerrilla and Father Oak, but most of them seem like they won't take much effort at all.

The sculpting quality is decent overall, but not exceptional. I was however impressed by the almost complete lack of flash. There are a few mold lines, but almost no flash at all.

Anyway, I've got to get these guys ready for a small demo this Saturday. I don't think I'll be able to get much (if anything) painted by then but we'll see.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:29 pm
Decided to stay home for lunch today and scrap a meal out of whatever I could find in order to get more work done on my miniatures.

So, I broke out the greenstuff and got a bunch of my Pulp City stuff assembled. There are still some more to go, but it won't take that long to finish. Maybe another 30 minutes if that?

I also got a bit of painting done on some Uncharted Seas stuff, Shroud Mage submarines and Dwarf airships. Hoping to finish these up tonight also.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:39 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Stop mentioning Dwarf Ship man, ur tempting me . . . . .

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:49 am
Dwarf! Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf!!!

:)

Anyway, I've just finished putting all my Pulp City minis together. Most of them were pretty easy but I had to do a lot of filling on Hoodoo's wolf and it was tricky getting Solar to stick to his cape properly.

Unfortunately, the demo I was going to do for a friend this Saturday is probably canceled. The deal was that I would play in his Monsterpocalypse tournament (their attendance has been low lately) and then run my demo after, but the tournament got bumped to the 23rd weekend due to a conflict with a 40k tournament.

Well, it will give me time to get some of the models painted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:55 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
dboeren wrote:
Dwarf! Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf!!!

He, He, He . . . .

I might just go for it when I've done a decent sized Pulp City order.

dboeren wrote:
I had to do a lot of filling on Hoodoo's wolf

I re-positioned the tail on mine as well.

dboeren wrote:
it was tricky getting Solar to stick to his cape properly.

I had to pin mine at the shoulders.

dboeren wrote:
Unfortunately, the demo I was going to do for a friend this Saturday is probably canceled. The deal was that I would play in his Monsterpocalypse tournament (their attendance has been low lately) and then run my demo after, but the tournament got bumped to the 23rd weekend due to a conflict with a 40k tournament.

Bugger, I hate it when things conflict!

dboeren wrote:
Well, it will give me time to get some of the models painted.

I must do some more painting this week myself - I've been lax recently, as we've been putting laminate flooring down on the ground floor of our house (right through - a bugger of a job) and my hands get really tired these days (early onset rheumatism is a bitch if ur a hobbyist).

Iron Train is 50% there, and I just need to do the base on Androidia (I've even printed some transfers for the blowing papers on her base).

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW