<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Looking to get area involved, would like some more info.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:35 am
MortalPosts: 1Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:12 am
Hello there, brand new to the boards here(Though I've been reading around these last few days.) and I had several questions involving the game/tourneys/products.

I was present at Gencon last year and gave the game a quick look over, I didn't really think about it much until a friend of mine, who I don't see often, mentioned he was into it, so I recently began to look into it again. The game seems somewhat easier to enter into (needing far less minis, it seems at least, than other games.)

So I guess, on with the questions!

First, I suppose where can I get the rules? I grabbed the PDF from the site, but in my reading, it seems there is an updated version somewhere. (I noticed the PDF mentions characters with Blink(x), while the current ones just have Blink, etc.)

Are the products only available via the online site, or can we (we as in the shop I work at) get them through distributors such as ACD, Alliance, or perhaps even the actual creators themselves (As we can from Games Workshop, and a few other companies.)

Following that question, are some figures only available in bundles, looking around the shop, I didn't notice a number of figures being sold on their own. (C.O.R.E. for example.)

Is there any sort of in store tourney/weekly gaming support? (Friday night Magic sort of thing that Wizards does.)

I'm certain I have other questions, but with these answered, I imagine I could get things rolling one way or another.

Thank in advance.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:04 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Welcome to Pulp City.

There are many updates and corrections to streamline and improve PC since the original PDF. The next iteration of the rules are being spoiled by Morf as we speak. This leads upto a printed book by Gencon this year. I believe that the new rules will be available on the site as a PDF but the printed rulebook adds background and other goodies.

You should be able to order Pulp City minitures through distributors like ACD and Alliance. PM Morf for his current list of US distributors.

Most figures are released in boxed pairs/groups initially. Overtime individual minis are available through the Pulp City online store. Sometimes Morf offers group deals... usually around Gencon etc

As to Store support there is nothing offical that I'm aware of, although there is a Herald program.

Hope this helps.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Ashenfang wrote:
Hello there, brand new to the boards here(Though I've been reading around these last few days.) and I had several questions involving the game/tourneys/products.

I was present at Gencon last year and gave the game a quick look over, I didn't really think about it much until a friend of mine, who I don't see often, mentioned he was into it, so I recently began to look into it again. The game seems somewhat easier to enter into (needing far less minis, it seems at least, than other games.)

So I guess, on with the questions!

First, I suppose where can I get the rules? I grabbed the PDF from the site, but in my reading, it seems there is an updated version somewhere. (I noticed the PDF mentions characters with Blink(x), while the current ones just have Blink, etc.)

Are the products only available via the online site, or can we (we as in the shop I work at) get them through distributors such as ACD, Alliance, or perhaps even the actual creators themselves (As we can from Games Workshop, and a few other companies.)

Following that question, are some figures only available in bundles, looking around the shop, I didn't notice a number of figures being sold on their own. (C.O.R.E. for example.)

Is there any sort of in store tourney/weekly gaming support? (Friday night Magic sort of thing that Wizards does.)

I'm certain I have other questions, but with these answered, I imagine I could get things rolling one way or another.

Thank in advance.

Welcome to the city! Watch out for rampaging monsters and those dirty evil Supremes!

To help with your questions-
1. The current rules are available here on the site, as you found. An updated ruleset is being finalized and teasers are just now being released. I think the new rules release is the #1 thing on Morf's and Beermonkey's mind. A lot of people are waiting on them and a printed book will be extremely cool. Morf has stated that the rules in PDF will always remain free as well, which is great.

Blink (X) just stands for the variable number...so Blink ( :AGL ) is how far a supreme can blink (based on their agility stat. I'm guessing it wasn't standardized in the current rules to be one way or the other.

2. Not for sure which distribution channels PC is lined up with, but Morf can fill you in. The store here comes directly from Morf, the creator of the game. So if you order here, it comes from the creator!

3. The way the supremes are packaged in the store is the only way to get them barring any special "bundles" and "deals" Morf decides to do. Rook and Francis Gator together, for example.

4. At the moment, there is no "tournament" program or anything like that. Pulp Monsters has a volunteer program for fans to create support of Pulp City (GW Outriders, PP Pressgangers, SJGames MIB, etc). The first tournament that I'm aware of for Pulp City will be at Gen Con 2010. There are some details here in the forum that you can check out to see what might be involved.

Hope that helps and don't be afraid to visit the rest of the city and ask away!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to Pulp City Ashenfang! Glad to have you here. Jim took care of a lot of your initial questions but I'll go ahead and expand on that here.

Rules are being re-done as we speak. I mean that literally. I just fininshed my final (GODS OF GAMING LET IT BE SO!!) revision of the new rules. Fluff for the book just finished up as well. Layout has begun already and I can't imagine it'll be long before it hits the printer. As Jim mentioned all the new rules will be available online as a printer friendly pdf. You won't get the fancy art, the fluff, etc... but the core rules will be free, and online. In the mean time you got questions I got answers, ask away. I'm always hanging around and do my best to get everyone an answer quickly.

Yes Aliance and maybe ACD carry Pulp City. They tend to be a little slower getting new releases I've noticed. The War Store and Mini Market also carry the line. If you want to order direct I'm sure you could ask Morf and he might be able to set you up with something.

It's important to know that Pulp is a very small company. It's basically Morf. Sometime a couple of us hard core Heralds will help out where we can. You also need to know that the company is based in Poland so shipping direct takes a bit longer. That being said it's a small company that takes care of it's fans.

As Jim said figures are initially released in a Blister with another model. As the initial run get's recast single figures become available through the Pulp Monsters Store online. Single models don't see release to distributers. Early on a couple of models did get release as singles, these are the exception not the rule. New models will be releasing on a bi-Monthly basis, more or less. Again small company and so set backs do happen.

As far as store support goes there is nothing in place yet. We encourage you to run events and promote the game where possible. We also run fan contests and other thing to encourage people to build on the mythos of Pulp City. Many new Supremes have been created by the fans here thanks to our Supremes Genisis contest. We're planning to build on the game in other ways. With a Pulp City Annual supliment, new Agendas, new Resources, new Plots. We've got lots of stuff planned so we're not going anywhere.

I hope some of this has been helpful to you. If you've got more questions I've got more answers. Once again welcome, we're all glad to see new faces.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:14 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
+1 to what they said. Additionally, having been playing now for two years, the smaller size of the Pulp Monsters is a pretty nice thing to have the opportunity to interact with. Being able to talk directly to ''the man with the plan'' is a big bonus imho. Shipping from Poland to the states is not too much longer than ordering elsewhere... maybe ten or so days total on my last couple of orders.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
All I can say is Welcome! as most of the questions got answered!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Hey that's what we do. Besides don't you have a book to be printing or something. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:25 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Hey Morf you better update your SIG...

it seems you have been stuck on writing those Ulthar Blurbs while listening to them crooked vultures for an eternity.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:20 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
While not so confident about having to write Ulthar stuff forever, I could listen to that album for the rest of my days.
Or at least until new Queens of the Stone Age comes out.