<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Road to Pulp City Chapter 3: Trump Traits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:28 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
varagon wrote:
We'll have the new rules in no time if we keep getting "teasers." There wont be anything left to tease. lol

This is a good thing. Especially with Gencon fast approaching.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:29 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Scorpio wrote:
varagon wrote:
We'll have the new rules in no time if we keep getting "teasers." There wont be anything left to tease. lol

No kidding. Especially for those of us who will be in the booth demoing the game. I haven't seen the new rules yet either!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:04 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
varagon wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
varagon wrote:

No kidding. Especially for those of us who will be in the booth demoing the game. I haven't seen the new rules yet either!

I'm sure we'll be just fine with the teasers and understanding of the base mechanics. Demo's will be easy enough and after a look at the full new book, we'll be able to happily advertise the Supremes to the masses!

((but I wouldn't turn down some super secret squirrel intel, either, lol))

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:27 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
varagon wrote:

If it's any help, I'll be on the other side of the booth, demoing AE-WWII, and I will throw pennies at you while you're trying to talk.

Wait, that doesn't sound helpful at all.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:11 am
Scorpio wrote:
varagon wrote:

If it's any help, I'll be on the other side of the booth, demoing AE-WWII, and I will throw pennies at you while you're trying to talk.

Oh, this will be fun. I'll bring my taser. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:53 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
All it's gonna take is one Powered Up :STR roll and you'll be Incapacitated for sure! Hope you've got a :SPT Trump cause I'm sure we'll need your AP to get through the Con!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:46 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Scorpio wrote:
varagon wrote:

I'll use nickels in my defense...They'll distract you a little more than the pennies will me. :)

Sign me up for one of your demos...Especially if you can introduce me to AE: Bounty as well. I'm planning on a starter and book for Bounty so don't fail me!

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:48 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I've been avoiding AE WWII for a while. But I think I'm gonna break down and invest. It's just too cool looking a game not too. I'm such an A.D.D. gamer it's sad. So yeah sign me up for a demo too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:17 am
Beermonkey wrote:
I've been avoiding AE WWII for a while. But I think I'm gonna break down and invest. It's just too cool looking a game not too. I'm such an A.D.D. gamer it's sad. So yeah sign me up for a demo too.

I'm interested in AEWWII as well, but more interested in Bounty. However, since it appears we may be using Supers in some of the WWII stuff I'm excited. I'm going to focus on Bounty, though, as my wallet can't keep up with my gaming ADD. lol

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 am
Not to derail the thread. . . but I think somewhere it was said the rules for supers would cross over into Bounty. I have a few figures and want to try another demo now that the book is available. . .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:43 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:
Not to derail the thread. . . but I think somewhere it was said the rules for supers would cross over into Bounty. I have a few figures and want to try another demo now that the book is available. . .

Its only just out now, apparently there was a problem with one of the Fonts.

darkson board wrote:
The Bounty books have landed at Cipher and have started shipping. :)

That was yesterday.

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:16 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Making the wide turn to bring the thread back on topic....

RE: AE-WWII and AE Bounty heroes...

Yep. You can cross them over. We're doing a lot of just plain fun stuff in Bounty. We don't have to be slaves to a historical cannon, so we can have a lot of neat stuff.

RE: AE vs. PC Demos...

I want a clean fight. No poking in the eye. Tasers set on mild stun. No hitting below the belt. No stuffing minis in a sock to hit another guy when they're running a demo game for a customer...I expect Morf and the rest of us to sit back and watch any shenanegans with a bowl of popcorn :D

RE: Trump traits

This change improves an already great game. I had an easy time explaining this to a buddy tonight. I don't think I could have done such a complete job with the old way they were written. My LGS has a ton of PC figs that sit on the shelf. I'm planning on running demos with PC and AE at my LGS once I get the new PC rulebook at GenCon.

Keep the rules previews coming!

Also, any new Ulthar previews? Cn we haz moar?

You said all we had to do was ask!

Cheers and Happy 4th of July,

Chris

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:40 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
First time you all see Ulthars is at GenCon.
Maybe except for Virgo, whom we'll show pretty soon. And that mutt Tritonious. He half-counts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 am
Morf wrote:
First time you all see Ulthars is at GenCon.
Maybe except for Virgo, whom we'll show pretty soon. And that mutt Tritonious. He half-counts.

Nice! Looking forward to it! ((I'm seriously wanting to find someone to trade my Hardcore entry to - I think I'll be spending too much time on PC between now and Gencon to be prepared. . . and THEN spending too much time on Pulp City at GenCon to care!)))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:21 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Scorpio wrote:
If it's any help, I'll be on the other side of the booth, demoing AE-WWII

It's looking like I'm going to be pretty busy at the con, but I will try to find time to visit as I'd like to learn more about AE-WWII. I've played one game, with an opponent who was just a little fuzzy on the rules, but it looks interesting from what I've seen and mixability with Pulp City would definitely put it over the top into "must have some" territory.

Offline Profile