<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  GenCon 2010 Release list

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:58 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:
we had a current WM player from our group one year buying all sorts of already released stock at full price at the PP booth that my shop was selling for 15% off. . . at a booth maybe 20 yards away.

That's a good point too. At a con you're usually paying full retail for any new stuff coming out that you can get at a discount if you are willing to wait and buy it at home once it becomes available at the store or an online retailer. You might at times have to make that choice of which is more important - getting a new toy NOW or saving some cash.

I can more easily wait on models, but new books I usually want immediately. I find the large amount of new information to pay off much more than a couple weeks head start on painting new models. Understanding the new book also helps you make better decisions on what models to get and can save you money in that way.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
The above post seems to be referring to a previously unknown concept in gaming. I believe it's called...delayed gratifaction?
Gramification?
Post-dated refudiation?

Something about setting priorities and being patient so that you can get what you want in the future, right? That sounds neat, I should try that sometime...oh look! A puppy! Now I'm off to buy something I don't need on Amazon, what was I saying?
:lol:

Good points. I find the easiest way to cool down my gamer instincts with a purchase burning a hole in my pocket is to think about sharing it with my friends. If they can't have it yet, sometimes it's not as much fun to get it first.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:19 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Morf wrote:
PPME21HV Silverager & Le Murtiple 4 Miniatures, 2 Cards 24,99 USD
PPME22H Skyline & Jade Hawk 2 Miniatures, 3 Cards 22,99 USD

For everybody NOT going to GenCon, pre-orders for first two boxes on the list will ship around August 1st, together with a free Grimm Elder!

I know I have asked this question once already, but it seemd to get lost without answer: just wondering when we can pre-order?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
leonmallett wrote:
Morf wrote:
PPME21HV Silverager & Le Murtiple 4 Miniatures, 2 Cards 24,99 USD
PPME22H Skyline & Jade Hawk 2 Miniatures, 3 Cards 22,99 USD

For everybody NOT going to GenCon, pre-orders for first two boxes on the list will ship around August 1st, together with a free Grimm Elder!

I know I have asked this question once already, but it seemd to get lost without answer: just wondering when we can pre-order?

Pre-order now available - order placed! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:03 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
You are faster than my announcement ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:08 pm
MortalPosts: 15Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:14 am
Silverager & Le Murtiple and Skyline & Jade Hawk boxes ordered
thx pulp, now i know what to paint in august (monkey madness).
a quick question skyline and jade hawk do the come with a scenery base, shown in the pics? if no, any idea where to get some?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Skyline comes with the gargoyle. As for Jade Hawk, here's the secret to creating an all-rooftop team for cheap.
Just watch out, that plastic really lives up to the definition of hard plastic:

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product_p/ogr-32.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:21 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Great googly moogly Morf! There went all my spending money.