<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  GenCon 2010 Release list

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:59 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Location: Warsaw, PolandJoined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:09 pm
Is the book going to be available to order from the pulp city store?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:06 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
How soon after Gencon will all the goodies be available to all us poor wee souls who live elsewhere on the planet :D

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:51 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Location: Warsaw, PolandJoined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:09 pm
Morf wrote:
[...]

For everybody NOT going to GenCon, pre-orders for first two boxes on the list will ship around August 1st, together with a free Grimm Elder!

Two following boxes will go live in September, together with the next grimm.
Please don't spend all your money on icecream and beer in the summer, because you need to have something to read in the fall. Having seen the cover, we decided that we need to drool-proof it with a hardcover. And even if you still drool while going through the full-color pages, worry not, it is sewn and not glued so it won't come apart.

:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
You Bastard.

Making me seriously consider 175 USD plus 2000 in air - fares is a fair prices to pick up these new releases in person.

Lucky my wife controls the bank accounts...

Last edited by Jim Dice on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:21 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
abbysdad wrote:
I'm fine with pre-paying so I can just pick my stuff up when I get to the con.

Can we do that?

Quote:
And don't take any money from Scorpio. He's liable to have earned it hawking poor Mkcontra's spare body parts :P

Depending on how you define 'spare.'

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Zygmunt wrote:
Is the book going to be available to order from the pulp city store?

Yes, in September.

darth tater wrote:
How soon after Gencon will all the goodies be available to all us poor wee souls who live elsewhere on the planet :D

I get back around 26th of August (woooot, two weeks of holidays after GenCon) and then give me a week or two to get around all issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:03 pm
Thanks Morf

Now, do I want someone to grab me a rulebook and pulp and malifaux mini's or do i wait.............. :?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
darth tater wrote:
Thanks Morf

Now, do I want someone to grab me a rulebook and pulp and malifaux mini's or do i wait.............. :?

*IF* you're able to get it from your LGS, I think that is the way to go - it generates revenue for your shop (where you probably play for free) and supports the product you like to play at said shop.

*IF* you're just going to order through the Pulp Store, it might make sense to use a ninja to get it early.

Just my two cents. . .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 am
Nobody sells pulp city over here in the UK.....a situation I'm hoping is rectified after the release of the rulebook :D

Our only option is to buy direct from Morf at present

Malifaux, Infinity etc... I can order over the net...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:13 am
Then by all means use a ninja. . . although I prefer pirates. : )

I just like to point out that we should use our LGS when possible. It beats gaming in the basement and garage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:42 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 157Location: Germany - KrefeldJoined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:
I just like to point out that we should use our LGS when possible. It beats gaming in the basement and garage.

Normally i would support this statement. But when i order PC stuff in my LGS it takes forever. And i mean FOREVER!!!1!1!!eleven! :mrgreen: The question is what comes first my PC order or Duke Nukem Forever?
So i order at the PC Shop.

Is there any European going to Gencon who could ninja shop me a rulebook?

Total Supremes: 52+11 Minions / Painted: 45+9 Minions
Todo:Acorn,Kitty,Le Murtiple(3),Lady Cyburn,Hadron(2),Virgo,Tritonious
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 am
Same question (anyody from Europe going to GenCon and could ninja (or pirate) buy me 2 boxes and perhaps the book?)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:53 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
I'm all for supporting the local store, but I make an exception for Gencon.

Many of the items I can purchase there will not be available at the local stores for a considerable length of time. Others may have special Con promos going on.

Besides, my game store owner knows that I am an instigator. When I bring in a new game, I will be promoting it and running demos and he will sell books and models to the other players at the store that would never have looked at that game if I wasn't pimping it. These sales to multiple parties far outweigh the profit he would have made on me alone and pretty much justifies my existence at the store even without counting the models, paints, and accessories I purchase there.

So far I helped launch Uncharted Seas, Firestorm Armada, Malifaux, and now Pulp City at his store. In the spring I'll be helping launch Firestorm Invasion. I think he will not mind too much when I come back with con goodies because it raises desire for the rest of the players to get them too.

New players contribute to the store mostly by bringing money. Old players contribute to the store mostly by bringing new players. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:13 pm
dboeren wrote:
I'm all for supporting the local store, but I make an exception for Gencon.

Many of the items I can purchase there will not be available at the local stores for a considerable length of time. Others may have special Con promos going on.

Besides, my game store owner knows that I am an instigator. When I bring in a new game, I will be promoting it and running demos and he will sell books and models to the other players at the store that would never have looked at that game if I wasn't pimping it. These sales to multiple parties far outweigh the profit he would have made on me alone and pretty much justifies my existence at the store even without counting the models, paints, and accessories I purchase there.

So far I helped launch Uncharted Seas, Firestorm Armada, Malifaux, and now Pulp City at his store. In the spring I'll be helping launch Firestorm Invasion. I think he will not mind too much when I come back with con goodies because it raises desire for the rest of the players to get them too.

New players contribute to the store mostly by bringing money. Old players contribute to the store mostly by bringing new players. :)

All absolutely good points. I was just saying to watch out for the ol' bait and switch - sometimes the "prerelease" isn't that "pre" at all. Obviously by being able to promote a system that ultimately may generate sales makes sense. I've just seen people get to the con and lose their minds. . . we had a current WM player from our group one year buying all sorts of already released stock at full price at the PP booth that my shop was selling for 15% off. . . at a booth maybe 20 yards away. Since then the shop I play at has been told they have to adhere to the rules of the convention and stop selling things on the reserved product list :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:07 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Morf wrote:
PPME21HV Silverager & Le Murtiple 4 Miniatures, 2 Cards 24,99 USD
PPME22H Skyline & Jade Hawk 2 Miniatures, 3 Cards 22,99 USD
PPME23H Captain Hadron & Lady Cyburn 3 Miniatures, 4 Cards 17,99 USD
PPME24HV Virgo & Tritonious 2 Miniatures, 3 Cards 17,99 USD
PPME25V Libra & Taurus 2 Miniatures, 2 Cards 17,99 USD
PPME26V Sagittarius & Gemini 3 Miniatures, 4 Cards 17,99 USD

+ reserve yourself 34,99 USD or 34,99 USD + 5 USD for something very special.

Will also have a promo set of all 3 grimm for 15 USD, free if you get all 6 boxes, until the supplies last.

For everybody NOT going to GenCon, pre-orders for first two boxes on the list will ship around August 1st, together with a free Grimm Elder!

Two following boxes will go live in September, together with the next grimm.
Please don't spend all your money on icecream and beer in the summer, because you need to have something to read in the fall. Having seen the cover, we decided that we need to drool-proof it with a hardcover. And even if you still drool while going through the full-color pages, worry not, it is sewn and not glued so it won't come apart.

Just wondering when the pre-orders will be available for pre-ordering if you aim to ship August 1st?

I need to plan my ninja shopper order! :MND :twisted: