<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Road to Pulp City Chapter 6: Remaining Extras...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:48 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
... that need to be seen to be believed.

Some highlights include:

Master Plans: If a Starting Roll is won by 5 or more, you may choose a special bonus from the short list of universal Master Plans (AP bonus, gaining Power-Up die etc.)
But the really cool thing is that some models will come with their unique Master Plans.

Super Damage: Some models and Actions will be able to fling their opponents back with powerful blows!

New Plot & Agenda System:
the revised system is just wonderful, allowing both very light approach (go for Smackdown plot) and most intricate recreation of your favorite comic book stories (Invasion Plot when aliens just keep beaming down on the table and your secret Agendas to assassinate a hostile Supreme Leader in the midst of a battle). There are also Agendas specific for unique team constructions (Mystery Only, Heavy Metal Only etc.)

BOOM!: revised and balanced Minion creation, allowing some incredible creations!

A ton of extras:
That heralds what is too come - telekinetics manipulating environment with the power of their minds, beasts of burdens, Supreme beasts and lots more!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Master Plans are one of my favourite new features; that Starting Roll suddenly got a lot more important than *just* going first or second...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:00 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
daaaammmmmmnnnnnn!

I need the new rulebook! :D

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:07 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 20Location: KrakJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:49 am
Please a little more info... just a little. pretty please with sugar on top :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:16 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
I expect with master plans we may see a lot more trump rolls on the start of turn opposed roll.... very nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
BountyhunterQ wrote:
I expect with master plans we may see a lot more trump rolls on the start of turn opposed roll.... very nice.

Don't forget that the roll can be modified by:
- Trump Roll
- Power-Up
- Tactical Genius ( :MND Trump Benefit)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:43 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
I've got to say, everything seems to be shaping p very nicely for the rulebook, I can't wait to the release.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 pm
leonmallett wrote:

- Trump Roll
- Power-Up

Hmmm... based on the wording for power up where there has to be an Attacker and Defender, we've been playing that you cannot power up the starting rolls.

I am sure this will be clarified in the next few weeks. . . like on August 5, but if you look at the wording in the previewed Road to Pulp City, you'll see what I mean.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:
leonmallett wrote:

- Trump Roll
- Power-Up

Hmmm... based on the wording for power up where there has to be an Attacker and Defender, we've been playing that you cannot power up the starting rolls.

I am sure this will be clarified in the next few weeks. . . like on August 5, but if you look at the wording in the previewed Road to Pulp City, you'll see what I mean.

Oh I see what you mean; I am going from the final draft which may have been changed, admittedly. Therein it is explicit that Power-Ups can be used for Starting Rolls, but there may have been a change after that draft so Morf should be the one to clarify.

Also, the same rule (attacker declres, then defender) applies to Trump Rolls as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:59 am
Nice to know really: the final version. We'll play it that way until gencon. Thanks Leon!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:02 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Leon is right, Power Up may be used for Starting roll; the Attacker/Defender refferal is only for the purpose of who rolls first.
The only requirement for the Power Up is that there have to be an Opposed Roll.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:32 am
On a starting roll, then, it doesn't matter who chooses to power up first? If you pass on the power up and your opponent decides to, can you then power up? The AP spent goes towards the AP limit of the supreme who's :MND is used for the starting roll, then?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 am
BountyhunterQ wrote:
On a starting roll, then, it doesn't matter who chooses to power up first? If you pass on the power up and your opponent decides to, can you then power up? The AP spent goes towards the AP limit of the supreme who's :MND is used for the starting roll, then?

Since each player decides what mods to apply to the Starting Roll, it is really up to the players to decide this - there is no Attacker-Defender relationship. In the games I play we just declare until everything is in/out of play, and no problems result.

I guess for Tournament play it *could* be an issue due to the inherent competitiveness of such play, but any mutually agreed fashion (secretly deciding in writing or placing dice and markers could be fun to keep your opponent guessing).

Re: Tactical Genius - it doesn't cost AP, just AP Allowance, so no AP are spent as such.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:30 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Actually Leon Tactical Genius does cost AP. I thought we had cleared that up with the last update.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Actually Leon Tactical Genius does cost AP. I thought we had cleared that up with the last update.

I take your word for it. May well be my faulty memory. :lol: :oops:

There were so many revisions that flew back and forth, it is hard to track; I just don't recall seeing that particular change. :?: :oops: