<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Your Supreme & Minion mainstays?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:15 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
abbysdad wrote:
Super Zed is a villain must for me. And his friends Mourn and Sanguine are great too.

They're all good, but it's just insane how much pounding it takes to finally bring down Super Zed. I killed him earlier today but it took a LOT of effort.

abbysdad wrote:
But I have to say after last night's demos, Libra Stormblades has some amazing potential. I'm probably going to start playing an Ulthar team and get used to what they can do.

I like Libra a lot, he's a solid guy with some nice movement options. And Sagittarius. And Taurus. I haven't really had much luck with the Gemini's yet. I'm kind of looking forward to getting some different Level 1 Ulthars to play with. I think I just need more experience with them. Plus my games were vs. Necroplane and one of them has a lot of vs. Living abilities that didn't do squat for me :)

abbysdad wrote:
On the hero side of things, Hadron just rocks. I'm probably going to fill out my heavy metal selections with Dr. Mercury and Chronin because they would be fun to use with Hadron and Cyburn.

Dr. Mercury is fantastic, I highly recommend him. I haven't tried Cyburn, Chronin, or Hadron yet. I just finished painting Hadron last night so maybe I can try him soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:42 am
MortalPosts: 34Location: Atlanta, GaJoined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm
Bah, you only killed him because my highest roll that turn was a 3! ;)

Tangent is my go to gal. She was doing crazy amounts of damage [thanks to calling the right number on Weak Spot], and inflicted Super Damage with her shot at least once per game.

As for minions? ZOOOOOOOOOOOMBIES!

The more the merrier! I'll be making some BOOM Zombie Dogs and with the regular zombies, I'll be set!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:54 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 148Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm
I must have Gentleman with a sniper rifle. Any time I take Gentleman with a sniper rifle, I must have Rook as his bodyguard.

Got a game in last week where I got some great use out of Rook and his power-halberd. Checkmate rocks! I need to get an all coven team so I can use without worrying about crippling my own supremes too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:41 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Zee wrote:
Tangent is my go to gal. She was doing crazy amounts of damage [thanks to calling the right number on Weak Spot], and inflicted Super Damage with her shot at least once per game.

I hate to say, but Tangent's "Weak Spot" action seems broken under the new rules. The change to trumps gives her a much higher chance of pulling off huge damage, more damage than any other model I can think of could aspire to. If she hits her mark calling 6 (which is her best odds at 11/36 not counting Lucky), the damage STARTS at 16, before adding Tangent Points and Power Ups. An average roll by a defender with 4 agility would yield 8.5 damage and likely more - there's little reason not to at least spend for a few extra damage on top of it. You just shouldn't be able to nearly one-shot a level two Supreme 1-2 times per game on a low-cost ability. She also benefits a fair bit from the new Precision Trump perk, there is no longer a way to try to weaken her ability by being in melee.

She's going to need an errata anyway because her Analysis ability specifically refers to the old Power Up mechanics which have changed, I think as long as this is being done the team needs to take a serious look at toning down Weak Spot.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:25 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Howler. Man I love that guy. Remember when he said he'd kill you last? He lied.

And best, he works both sides of the fence.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:42 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:03 pm
Only played a few games, but based on them, my current favorites have gotta be:

Silverager
Kitty Cheshire
Tritonius

They all look badass, Silverager goes from a defensive juggernaut to a death-machine in about .5 seconds, Kitty's abilities synergize very well with anyone (other-siding opponents into contact with a raged-up Silverager is fun), and Tritonius is a better version of Aquaman.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:09 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
I don't have the latest batches of supremes yet, but my favorite is likely to stay my favorite even with all thos newcomers : Twilight.
I haven't played villains without her ever. Besides having this very cool foot-ninja feeling, she's one brutal level 1...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:17 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Solar has been a mainstay of my games since the get go, UPON SAYING THAT I'm finding Skyline to be REALLY usefull!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW