<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Road to Pulp City Chapter 5: Move!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I think movement is the thing that got streamlined the most and made super intuitive.

So what can you do NOW:

Move* (AP 1): Remains the same. May be repeated.

Run* (AP 2): Counts as two Movement Actions. Model moves 9 inches, double all Blitzer bonuses. May be combined with any Action that doesn't require an Opposed Roll.

Charge* (AP 1): Must be Combine with a Close Combat Action. Model moves up to 6 inches, if it makes it in the Base to Base, normal +1 bonus and the opponent may not leave BtB until the end of the Round apply. If fails to move into BtB, moves only 4 and Activation ends instantly.

Tell you, the new system is so easy and familiar, it works wonders.
Couple of things to notice: when Running, it is perfectly fine to launch all boosts, auras and specials without wasting an Activation. Perfect for early Rounds, also the extra move bonus is welcomed. Charge - as simple as it gets. Mind that it is not possible to charge somebody with any Ranged Combat, nor combine Reach and Charge. Sups are honorable creatures (hmm. most of them) and need to make it into BtB to have full bonus, not cheat and stay at a safe distance and use their halberds (looking at you Rook!)

Flight:

Biggest changes:

It's all about who has more Flight Counters now.
Ground models are assumed to have 0 Counters.

Models that are Up up and away are Immune/Free Strikes and gain Blitzer 1.
They also benefit from +1 to :STR :DEF :AGL vs. all models with fewer Flight Counters.

Shot Down occurs when one Action deals more Damage to the flyer than its :DEF .
Opposed Roll is 2+current Flight Counters :STR .

Targeting Flyers with Ranged: two conditions - RNG must be equal or greater than the number of Flight Counters on the model and the ground distance between the models is in the RNG (that is a standard way of measuring now - on the ground)

Flyers vs. Ground Models: No need to land now, but they have to reduce number of Flight Counters to 1. Models with 2 or more Flight Counters are safe from Close Combat from ground models. Reach follows Ranged Attack guidelines.

Flyers vs. Flyers: Models with same amount or more of Flight Counters may attack other Flyers, but after the Action is complete, they reduce the number of Flight Counters to match the defender, to a minimum of 1.

There is also a lot of special cases that may show up once in a while, but you will have them covered. They include for instance the cases of flying indoors and such.
As opposed to the old Flight rules, I promise you will not have to go back to them once after reading them for the first time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 pm
MortalPosts: 13Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 am
this is alot simplier then befor much easyer to move around and flight :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:59 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Quote:
Targeting Flyers with Ranged: two conditions - RNG must be equal or greater than the number of Flight Counters on the model and the ground distance between the models is in the RNG (that is a standard way of measuring now - on the ground)

So, Howler is five inches from Solar. Solar has two Flight counters. I need Range 8 to be able to shoot him, correct?

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Morf wrote:
Run* (AP 2): Counts as two Movement Actions. Model moves 9 inches, double all Blitzer bonuses. May be combined with any Action that doesn't require an Opposed Roll.

Charge* (AP 1): Must be Combine with a Close Combat Action. Model moves up to 6 inches, if it makes it in the Base to Base, normal +1 bonus and the opponent may not leave BtB until the end of the Round apply. If fails to move into BtB, moves only 4 and Activation ends instantly.

Does Blitzer bonus apply to a Charge?

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:11 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Scorpio wrote:
Quote:

So, Howler is five inches from Solar. Solar has two Flight counters. I need Range 8 to be able to shoot him, correct?

No. Solar Levitates! :P Just kidding - couldn't resist. :)

Seriously though; each requirement is met seperately. Therefore the Range to such a flier would be 5.

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:13 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Scorpio wrote:
Morf wrote:

Does Blitzer bonus apply to a Charge?

Yes, at normal Blitzer value. Howler can effectively Charge* 7, while Androida can Charge* 7 (8 if using Super Reflexes from :AGL Trump).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:05 pm
leonmallett wrote:
No. Solar Levitates! :P Just kidding - couldn't resist. :)

Man, I should really learn to read these cards, that's like the third time this week.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
*sob* I am so happy to see these up and rolling. It brings a tear to my eye. LOL! Nice :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Man, I need to become a herald so I can see stuff early...I already helped corrupt two players here
:D

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:45 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
darth tater wrote:
Man, I need to become a herald so I can see stuff early...I already helped corrupt two players here
:D

We haven't seen anything early. A coulple of Heralds have helped a ton on the new rules so special thanks should be given to Beermonkey and Leon (I believe- Anyone else help that I didn't mention???).

This is the first I've seen of the new rules, just like you. :)

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:03 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
What Varagon says is true. This is all news to most of us. Although we are planning a coup to overthrow the current regime and get a little looksy at the rules sooner rather than later..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
It was Matt, Larkin Vain, and myself. Leon came into it a little later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
BountyhunterQ wrote:
What Varagon says is true. This is all news to most of us. Although we are planning a coup to overthrow the current regime and get a little looksy at the rules sooner rather than later..

Come get your pitchforks, torches, clubs! Let's march on the city steps of Pulp City Hall!

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Ha ha ha! You guys couldn't handle the workload.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:15 am
Beermonkey wrote:
Ha ha ha! You guys couldn't handle the workload.

Instead of "We come in peace," we're going to be saying, "We come in beer!" just to hoodwink you... :D

We don't need to handle the workload, just the rules from the work you've done!!!! :AGL :twisted:

Offline Profile WWW YIM