<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Road to Pulp City Chapter 5: Move!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:57 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Ok, back to the Move topic and quit that silly rebellion scheming of yours!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:24 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I do find the movement rules much more accessible now, and the biggest change is that decisive moves can be much more manageable now: want to claim or contest an objective? Androida is your gal - 18 inches of movement in an Activation!

Run* (plus Super Reflexes) 13"/3 AP
Lightning Fast* 5"/1 AP

Recently allowed me to narrowly win a game by doing just such a massive mvement Activation.

Oh, and viva la revolucion!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:36 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm

As far as move* being repeatable. . .

Just twice for each supreme (and minion) to keep in allowance of the 2 move actions a round, or once per supreme level as strikes?

Minions - do they have access to the special movements? Run/Charge, for example?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
2 Movement Actions per model. Some Exclusive Actions allow movement, but are not Movement Actions of course (Androida's Lightning Fast*, for example) - basically if it includes the term Movement Action it is, and if that text is not included it isn't.

Run* counts as 2 Movement Actions.

Minions have access to all Universal Actions (except Strike: then only if they have :STR ). Therefore Minions can Move*, Run*, Charge*, Jump*, and very rarely Get Up* (if they have been Knocked Down they are probably Eliminated anyway).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:56 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Since we are there, Minions now mimick a lot of things Sups do, just much less powerful. There is an instance of a Commanding Supreme - basically it can be almost any Sup with a Minion in his/her command Range. Exclusive Minions have only one Commanding Supreme while Character Minions need no Commanding Sups.

Btw, there is a new BOOM upgrade called Sidekick ;) Go figure!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:02 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 20Location: KrakJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:49 am
Morf wrote:

Sounds really great. Many nice ideas entering my head.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Morf wrote:
Since we are there, Minions now mimick a lot of things Sups do, just much less powerful. There is an instance of a Commanding Supreme - basically it can be almost any Sup with a Minion in his/her command Range. Exclusive Minions have only one Commanding Supreme while Character Minions need no Commanding Sups.

!

Quote:

!!

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yup Sidekick basically turns your minion into an exclusive minion with +1 to oppossed rolls while near his mentor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:11 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 148Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm
Morf wrote:
Charge* (AP 1): Must be Combine with a Close Combat Action. Model moves up to 6 inches, if it makes it in the Base to Base, normal +1 bonus and the opponent may not leave BtB until the end of the Round apply. If fails to move into BtB, moves only 4 and Activation ends instantly.

Sorry, I'm joining the party a bit late, as I've been away for a while now. How is the bold text expected to play out? Move forward 6" and then back 2" if you don't reach your target? Not to mention paying for the failed B2B action as well. That's pretty harsh...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Corporate_Sellout wrote:
Morf wrote:
Charge* (AP 1): Must be Combine with a Close Combat Action. Model moves up to 6 inches, if it makes it in the Base to Base, normal +1 bonus and the opponent may not leave BtB until the end of the Round apply. If fails to move into BtB, moves only 4 and Activation ends instantly.

Sorry, I'm joining the party a bit late, as I've been away for a while now. How is the bold text expected to play out? Move forward 6" and then back 2" if you don't reach your target? Not to mention paying for the failed B2B action as well. That's pretty harsh...

Why move forward then back?

You measure first - if within range you move the full 6" until touching the base of the target of the charge.

If your intended victim is not within 6", you move 4" instead - and your activation ends.

Its not harsh imho, theres always a price for failiure . . . . .

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:06 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:

This is true... quite true. Thus the risk of charging in; You hear that, brutes? Power to the shooters!!! :ENG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:17 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Corporate_Sellout wrote:
Doctor-Warlock wrote:

This is true... quite true. Thus the risk of charging in; You hear that, brutes? Power to the shooters!!! :ENG

Brutes can be HORRENDOUS on a Charge - this is just "making things even" imho LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
I am excited to see Taurus go out on a charge. . . very deadly, indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 pm
BountyhunterQ wrote:

Think about Taurus or any beat stick on a Charge* with a Hulking Grimm in tow...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:02 pm
leonmallett wrote:
BountyhunterQ wrote:

Think about Taurus or any beat stick on a Charge* with a Hulking Grimm in tow...

... ? ... and Taurus is... :?: