<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Couple of Gen Con 2010 Pics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:02 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Virgo and Tritonius are the Anti-Ulthar force. They are doing anything they can to stop the invasion. Be it working with Heroes or Villains.

Virgo is a level 2 shooter

Tritonius is a level 1 brawler

So are they "Good" Ulthar then :)

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Next year: floor pads. I will buy them myself if I have to.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:48 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:

Rebel Ulthar, more likely. They'll still sign up with the Mysterious Man to wipe out some civilians. Just as long as they don't have to work with those invading Ulthar.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:55 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Scorpio wrote:
Doctor-Warlock wrote:

Rebel Ulthar, more likely. They'll still sign up with the Mysterious Man to wipe out some civilians. Just as long as they don't have to work with those invading Ulthar.

Hence the inverted commas ;)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Scorpio wrote:
Next year: floor pads. I will buy them myself if I have to.

Haha, after day 1, with good soles, I still felt like my legs were growing into... you know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 9Location: West Fargo, NDJoined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:31 pm
My friends and I had a good time being the "bad guys" for the Ulthar invasion. Although it ended in a loss for us it was a close battle. Not too bad being we haven't played much since Sept of last year. We are looking forward to getting the new rulebook, three of us did the pre-order.

Today I put Sanguine, Zed, Skyline, Kitty and Vector on their bases. I still have to assemble the hero starter I picked up as well. I hope the humidity here goes down so I can get stuff primed some time soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 am
Deadman wrote:
Today I put Sanguine, Zed, Skyline, Kitty and Vector on their bases. I still have to assemble the hero starter I picked up as well. I hope the humidity here goes down so I can get stuff primed some time soon.

I hope you have fun when you finally get them undercoated!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:32 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
Deadman wrote:

I'm glad you participated. I was preoccupied with previous responsibilities so missed both Pulp City events. :(

Next year will be even bigger and badder, so get those models prepared!

Humidity? Is it over 100 degrees there like it is here in Kansas?

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:23 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 9Location: West Fargo, NDJoined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:31 pm
varagon wrote:
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
Deadman wrote:

I'm glad you participated. I was preoccupied with previous responsibilities so missed both Pulp City events. :(

Next year will be even bigger and badder, so get those models prepared!

Humidity? Is it over 100 degrees there like it is here in Kansas?

It's been mid 90's. Next year I'll see if I can get in on some more tournaments for Pulp City and leave the Warmachine mini's at home. Lugging all the Khador mini's around is hell on my shoulder anyways. ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:36 am
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
Deadman wrote:
My friends and I had a good time being the "bad guys" for the Ulthar invasion. Although it ended in a loss for us it was a close battle. Not too bad being we haven't played much since Sept of last year. We are looking forward to getting the new rulebook, three of us did the pre-order.

I'm glad you guys participated. It seemed like you all knew the new rules pretty well, or maybe just picked up on them quickly. I hope you continue to enjoy the game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:38 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
Beermonkey wrote:
Virgo and Tritonius are the Anti-Ulthar force. They are doing anything they can to stop the invasion. Be it working with Heroes or Villains.

Virgo is a level 2 shooter

Tritonius is a level 1 brawler

Virgo is an Ulthar, Tritonius apparently is not. He doesn't have the Ulthar keyword on his card and Virgo's states that she will not work with other Ulthar but she's clearly intended to be able to team with him.

He MAY be half-Ulthar or something? He does have some similar facial features.

Taurus is clearly not of Ulthar race at all. I think he's probably some sort of allied race.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:52 pm
Yea, I know that now Lol!

Too Slow Chicken Mirango LMAO!

He's a "greenish" colour in the Face, whereas Ulthar are Blue - so it anyones guess what Tritonius is!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Since the book is done, I am starting to cover the Supreme gaps in the Pulp City lore.
Tritonious is half-Ulthar, half-human, in fact, his father was an Aquarius freebooter warlord that ended up on Earth and the weird combination of genes caused the baby to be very inhuman and inulthar (lol). Tritonious, born a monster, was cast by his terrified mother into the ocean and survived with no human help for the most of his child years. He is socially bit... awkward. For a long time he and his future caretaker believed he is a demigod, a child of the god of the seas. It wasn't just the matter of the looks - Tritonious had the aquarius power over the water with an earthly twist - control of the tides.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 pm
Morf wrote:
Since the book is done, I am starting to cover the Supreme gaps in the Pulp City lore.
Tritonious is half-Ulthar, half-human, in fact, his father was an Aquarius freebooter warlord that ended up on Earth and the weird combination of genes caused the baby to be very inhuman and inulthar (lol). Tritonious, born a monster, was cast by his terrified mother into the ocean and survived with no human help for the most of his child years. He is socially bit... awkward. For a long time he and his future caretaker believed he is a demigod, a child of the god of the seas. It wasn't just the matter of the looks - Tritonious had the aquarius power over the water with an earthly twist - control of the tides.

NIIIICE!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
The book is done! Yay!

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile