<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Your Supreme & Minion mainstays?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I guess some of us have particular Supremes and Minions we use more often than others. Maybe because we like their models, background, ablities/rules, whatever, the most.

I was just wondering which Supremes various members favour.

For me:

Heroes
Solar - classic spandex and a great all-rounder; I use him probably more than any other Hero.
Ace of Wraiths - took me a while to catch on with Ace, but he can be devastating; I use him as a bit of a crutch.
Vigilantes - I never play without them, even if Dead Eye isn't in my Team; they are solid and dependable which no other current non-Exclusive Minions really compete with.

Villains
Hellsmith - basically i like that he is pretty tough.
Gentleman - I can't think of many, if any, games I have played as Villain that I didn't include Gentleman.

What about the rest of you guys?

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
I usually play villains. 90% of the time Seabolt is the center of my team. His Go with the flow attack is the most devastating in the game for a lvl 2. Sister Bedlam is a close runner up with her heal-kill ability.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Location: Warsaw, PolandJoined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:09 pm
HEROES:
Skyline - I like him because of rules, the model and I like the way you can play him; as a support supreme giving bonuses from the rooftops

Stoner Hawk - His tomahawk looks awesome.

VILLAINS:
Seabolt- I love the model plus he's got one of the best actions ;)

Gentleman - He really suits the Pulp City, if I add some Green Stuff, he will look like John Travolta in Pulp Fiction :D

Nuke - Ain't the burnin 'ead cool lookin'?

HEROES/VILLAINS:
A.R.C. - I'm starting to make my supreme team, it'll be based on A.R.C. models, these are the best released by Pulp Monsters for me. Can't wait till we'll be able to order Le Murtiple and Silverager.

MINIONS:
Grimms - Come on, who doesn't like 'em?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Chronin :D

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:17 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Hoodoo is a supreme I take a lot. At lvl 1 she is a pretty easy choice, can win initiative and mind blast bruisers like iron train!

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wish I could say I have a favorite. I play whatever, whenever plus all the playtest Supremes. That said here is my go too list:

Father Oak
Acorn
Solar
Harrier

Resources:
Tree Huggers
Hired Guns (soon to become more Tree Huggers)
First Aid Kit
Heroic Call
Tiara

This is a fun flexable all Nature list and my go to list. Not a lot of Nature choices still so it does tend to smack those pesky Science Supremes around. Harrier is anti-minion and snatch and grab. Acorn drops buildings. Solar boosts the whole team and is our ranged attacker. Father Oak is control/healing/ and the bruiser. With up to two of these Supremes gaining Leader this list also has a good number of AP to spend. Both Acorn and Oak have :MND Trumps for the starting rolls too!

Ussually take building destruction missions or seek to put down a science supreme. If I was playing in the GenCon Tourney instead of running it this would be my main list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:20 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
My current line up is:

Villains:

Seabolt - too cool to leave home, perfect combo of punch, survivability and mobility.

Virgo - she's got that unapproachable woman thing that I like :D. On top of that, good blaster and survivalist.

Tritonious - for looks and combos with Seabolt, which at first may not be obvious.

Xenobi - how can you not love him???

Heroes:

Mercury - very versatile, good for Starting Rolls too.

Hadron - 3 Sups in 1? Expensive to run in small teams but also could become the focal point of your Defense and Attack.

Cyburn - attitude and nice support.

Androida - 16 inch Move in one Activation. Can you ask for more?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
So far I have not played with Villains (except Gentleman), but the rest:

Heroes:
Iron Train
Dr Mercury
Chronin
These are my ideal CORE members, they support each other well and are just that damn tough.

Hero/Villains:
Guerilla
Chimp Chi
Apebot/Virus
Basically for the same reasons as above.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:14 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
That's really unfair of morf to toy with us by picking supremes that us poor unfortunate souls haven't seen yet........ :cry:

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
I don't really play enough to have mainstays, but I have a fondness for Boreas and Hellsmith when running Villains and will usually take one of the two.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:51 pm
HeraldPosts: 174Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm
I also don't get to play much and I haven't used a lot of the Supremes to their full potential, but I do like the rules for these a lot:

Apebot + Virus
Ace of Wraiths
Hellsmith
Iron Train (a built in Throw!)
Chronin
Sister Bedlam
Boreas
Gentleman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:20 am
MortalPosts: 16Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 am
Well, since I only have 8 models here are my "go to" lists.

Villain
Seabolt
Tritonious
Virgo
Father Oak
Acorn

Heroes
Blood Rose
Trail
Stoner
Sgt. Bale
Acorn
Father Oak

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:12 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Super Zed is a villain must for me. And his friends Mourn and Sanguine are great too.

But I have to say after last night's demos, Libra Stormblades has some amazing potential. I'm probably going to start playing an Ulthar team and get used to what they can do.

On the hero side of things, Hadron just rocks. I'm probably going to fill out my heavy metal selections with Dr. Mercury and Chronin because they would be fun to use with Hadron and Cyburn.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:26 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
abbysdad wrote:
Super Zed is a villain must for me. And his friends Mourn and Sanguine are great too.

But I have to say after last night's demos, Libra Stormblades has some amazing potential. I'm probably going to start playing an Ulthar team and get used to what they can do.

On the hero side of things, Hadron just rocks. I'm probably going to fill out my heavy metal selections with Dr. Mercury and Chronin because they would be fun to use with Hadron and Cyburn.

That's the exact team I played with last Saturday. Keep in mind, Hadron is not the bruiser you think he is when in "normal" form.

Mercury is the go-t0-guy for that. I used Stoner Hawk as his "proxy" at the beginning until he changed form. Iron Train is another good choice for this.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:30 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I love starting a Heavy Metal games by putting two Iron Trains on the table! I'm fortunate enough to have two so this is easy for me. Sure your opponent knows one is really Mercury, but which one?