<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  cars and stuff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:29 am
MortalPosts: 16Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 am
What are some good brands to by accessories like vehicles, phonebooths, trash cans etc...

I'm having trouble finding much locally that seems in scale.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:25 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 56Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 am
Armorcast does some great stuff like vending machines, post office mailboxes, etc..

I found some scale Hot Wheels sports cars that I'm using in my games. They are way too colorful and glossy though, so I'll be repainting them, but they were perfect scale. Those were at Toys R Us.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:31 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
rgtriplec wrote:
What are some good brands to by accessories like vehicles, phonebooths, trash cans etc...

I'm having trouble finding much locally that seems in scale.

Where are you based?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:12 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
If you have access to a colour printer the Worldworks Games have some nice stuff in their Modern section:

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/

I've got the older (pre-TerrainLinx) Mayhem stuff and the beauty is that once you've bought it you can print out the stuff you want as many times as you like.

A lot of the Mayhem stuff has cars, vans and trucks you can make as well, other than that, I usually check out my local supermarkets, Pound Shops and occasionally Toys R Us and look at their cheap 1:43 scale vehicles.

Also check out Fenris Games for some nice resin street furniture.

If you want to see some of my Worldworks & Fenris stuff in PC action scroll down to the bottom of this post from my local gaming group's website.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
For cars I look for 1:50 1:43 scale vehicles. Hot Wheels GMachines come to mind and there are some european brands that hit the shelves locally.

I second Fenris and Armorcast. Mega Minis have some urban terrain pieces. (parking meters, fire hydrants, tables chairs, toilets and urinals... etc) Mega Minis to my eye is more 25mm but gets the job done.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:31 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
O scale train supply works to.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm
MortalPosts: 16Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 am
Thanks everyone.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:51 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
If you're looking for some good O or O/S scale, look at the Bachmann line of "kits" at

http://www.trainmodels.com

The kits are in need of assembly and paint - but you don't want the standard paint anyway...

I've ordered probably a half dozen times from there and have always had a good experience.

If you are placing a big order, use coupon code 010G7 and get $15 off $75! However, if you have someone locally that sells this stuff, you should support the local shops.