<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Do you prefer your Teams to be all of a single Sub-faction?

Do you prefer your Teams to be all single Sub-faction?

Always
4%
[ 1 ] 4%

A lot of the time
46%
[ 11 ] 46%

About half the time
29%
[ 7 ] 29%

Not too often
13%
[ 3 ] 13%

Never a consideration
8%
[ 2 ] 8%

Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:18 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Just asking this question as we are seeing the Sub-factions fill out gradually, and I was wondering the impact it has on 'local' play.

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
I always try to play with what I have painted so my hero team could be made of all Heavy Metal but I really like solar and SFU so my team changes often. For the villain well I don't have enough painted to consider making a sub-faction team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
We're always mix and matching and trying new things. But amongst our group about half the time we'll build out a Sub-Faction team. It's nice now that Sub-Factions get access to Sub-faction specific agendas, and a lot of those are really fun so that's a nice bit of motivation. In level 12 games though we almost ALWAYS try and get a full sub-faction list.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:02 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
It's not always easy to field single sub faction teams, especially if you're playing bloodwatch or the coven, but I tend to stick mostly to single teams and suplement with an extra model or two.

Someday though...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:08 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
It's not always easy to field single sub faction teams, especially if you're playing bloodwatch or the coven, but I tend to stick mostly to single teams and suplement with an extra model or two.

Someday though...

If (hypothetically) enough Supremes were available, which way do you reckon you would lean?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
I do like to try and play just 1 faction if possible, it's just the way I like it.

Though vigilante teams are an exception to that rule.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:51 am
MortalPosts: 16Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 am
leonmallett wrote:
cardboardvampire wrote:

Someday though...

If (hypothetically) enough Supremes were available, which way do you reckon you would lean?

If there were enough I'd probably have more interest in playing sub-factions, but its hard to tell without knowing what will be in those factions. I may love Kitty but if I don't like most of her sub-faction them I'll probably not play them as a team. I like Necro and Heavy Metal and have no problem playing them as teams, but am not a fan of most of the monkeys, so I cherry pick who I want from that group.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:48 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I've been always personally a big fan of random allies, loving Marvel Knights, team-ups and such. So I like my Pulp City teams usually a mix of odd heroes and villains.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:43 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
I like taking themed lists, but a lot of the time I'll want one guy outside the subfaction for a specific role and don't feel bad about doing this. It will probably be less necessary once more supremes are out and all the subfactions have more choices, then I'd be more likely to remain "pure".

Very interested in seeing how the currently understaffed subfactions such as Forgotten and Otherside get rounded out. The Ulthar too, they've got a nice start but still have more to go.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:29 pm
HeraldPosts: 16Location: AkronJoined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 am
It depends on what size encounter we are playing. With smaller ones I will mix and match since I like Solar and Blood Rose is always a must have. The last lvl 12 we played I went with Deadeye and an all vigilante team. Bountyhunter Q went with a Necroplane/Forgotten team. With Deadeye's hatred(non-living) and Solar giving boosts to Father Oak, Acorn and Jade Hawk it really was stacked in my favor. I was able to get a decisive win over him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:35 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Decisive? Right. . . more like the butt-whooping of a lifetime. . .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:31 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
For me it depends on what's the logic behind the team up, I don't mind having a bunch of different subfactions on the table, as long as it's not completely random choices fluff wise.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:17 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
I tend to stick to the teams about half the time, but really, you can write anything into the fluff if you need to justify it. Maybe Virus arranged a secret meeting to hand off some sensitive data to Heavy Metal, and brought Apebot along for protection for his meetup with Dr. Mercury and Androida. Or the Mysterious Man has vowed to buy acres of land outside the city to turn into a private protected forest, *if* Father Oak helps Nuke break out of the prison...

(I always think up these little scenarios when putting a team together, whether or not there's any need for it.)

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
leonmallett wrote:
cardboardvampire wrote:

Someday though...

No question for me... I'd kill (in the game at least) to field a full Blood Watch team.

On another note though, I wonder how many full teams we'll really see in the next year or two... Heavy metal can be done, but how many more are in the pipe for 2010 or 2011?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Level 12 playable teams of Heavy Metal,Necroplane, Coven, Bloodwatch, A.R.C., Ulthar, and maybe even Forgotten should be done by this time next year. Some sooner some later. I believe that's the plan anyway. Don't quote me though the best laid plans of mice and men and all that.