<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Morf's Mid January Update

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I think i should set up a blog.

Super busy here. That's no news, but I got some reasons and I would like to highlight them.

1/ Our Poznań facility (located about 200 miles/320 kms from Warsaw), is fully operational after January staff training. Believe it or not, but I just couldn't find anybody locally and hence my sale manager is from Poznań, that should work out fine.

2/ We had a long talk about the company policies and I am starting to get a bit restrained in a very good way. We reworked the business plans based on the updated costs and revised some of the company policies. We are trying to standarize the costs (that means same quality artists all over the board).

3/ The revision does affect some of our show policies, updates soon.

4/ We'll be adding a new kind of a creature to our offer: direct-only minis.

I won't be hiding the fact that these guys will be there to sponsor the marketing and shows. This won't be the web-extras like grimms or June Summers but always available fully fledged, game-described Supremes sculpted by out top notch artists. The only difference is you won't be getting them in boxes. First one coming soon ( I can only hint that it is going to be literally divine), the second one will be released in time for Salute for our Brittish supporters (maybe since we don't have a British distribution, we do get most of the orders from UK).

5/ February will be a month of wrapping up projects that need attention - full update of H&V section, reworked Herald programme etc.

6/ We had some spam folder issues with the Shop (at) pulpmonsters.com address, so I am catching up with all of the unanswered emails atm.

7/ In March, I will be revealing some info on the Reaver Lords project.

I think that is all for now, I will be more active over here in February so shoot me up with any questions!
Thanks!
Morf

5/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Hi morf,

Great to hear that there are some cool things in the pipeline!

Any chance of an update on the SG3 winners? We've been waiting a bloody long time.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Great to hear things are going in the right direction and I look forward to further news!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
It will be very interesting to see the Direct-only offering. Very interesting indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Also a quick question: are we looking at Solar box and 'other box' (since you usually release pairs of boxes) next month?

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:21 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
I am sending them to casters next week. We usually have a 2-4 week turnaround.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Morf wrote:
5/ February will be a month of wrapping up projects that need attention - full update of H&V section, reworked Herald programme etc.

Could you give us any previews on the new Herald system?

I know I tried to sign up to try and build up a player base here and I'd love to know what the new system will be like!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Looking forward to seeing the new stuff. I have 3 guys in Pittsburgh that are starting to play Pulp City and it would be fun to get a larger group going.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:32 am
One quick question, if you can answer...

Will you be posting any more crazy concept minis that we can all vote on to support in the near future? Like we did with Giant Captain Hadron?

Perhaps some Reaverlords sculpts too?

Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 pm
Morf wrote:
...4/ We'll be adding a new kind of a creature to our offer: direct-only minis.

I won't be hiding the fact that these guys will be there to sponsor the marketing and shows. This won't be the web-extras like grimms or June Summers but always available fully fledged, game-described Supremes sculpted by out top notch artists. The only difference is you won't be getting them in boxes. First one coming soon ( I can only hint that it is going to be literally divine), the second one will be released in time for Salute for our Brittish supporters (maybe since we don't have a British distribution, we do get most of the orders from UK).

Is there any chance of a re-release of the Red Baron under this plan? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:24 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
leonmallett wrote:
Morf wrote:

Leon, you crack me up.

I want one, to. Let us know when/if this happens.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:31 pm
varagon wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Morf wrote:

Leon, you crack me up.

I want one, to. Let us know when/if this happens.

I'm trying to remember - did we resort to poking Morf with sticks to get Giant Hadron? :?:

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
No I don't think so. As I recall he was really just looking for an excuse to build a Giant Hadron anyway. We're just the scape goats so he could say "they made me build it!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:44 am
Did you just say that if we poke Morf with a stick we get new minis?

Is this like one of those old NES games? There's some secret combo of hits and we'll get mechaspartans and dark Camelot? :)

In all seriousness, it sounds like things are good. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:25 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
I say we try the Konami code and see if that does anything.

Offline Profile