<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Pulp City in Over the Wire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:02 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Hello Pulp City fans! Just wanted to let everyone know that in the upcoming issue of Darkson Designs Over the Wire web magazine you'll find some new Pulp City stuff. In an effort to expand our combined player bases and support each others work you'll find Pulp City articles previews and other fun stuff in addition to all the usual AE WWII and AE Bounty goodness.

This month we talk about using Animals and Beast Minions in your Pulp City game. Including some optional rules for expanding the BOOM rules. Also some new mythical beasts you can include with your next game.

Also we present a small three part Pulp City Campaign. Two players race into the Heart of Jungle. New rules for jungle terrain. In addition to mixing and matching some of the current Plot and Agendas to create wild and crazy Encounters we know you'll love.

Check it out. And if you haven't looked at the AE WWII or Bounty games I highly recommend them. Thanks again to abbysdad and Varagon for helping us put this all together. This is just the start of some good things to come.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:05 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Any release date?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
pulpcitizen wrote:
Any release date?

Shooting for the end of Apriil depending on Abbysdad's work load.

Over the Wire is Darkson Design's official rules ezine and magazine full of optional rules, tactics, stories, and more based in the AE: WWII and AE: Bounty universe.

Expect more crossover as Darkson expands the content. Pulp City is just the first of these new such additions.

Look for more Pulp City in the future as well!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:09 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
If I can get my actual job to back off for a day or two, it will be out really soon. I'm still targeting before April 18th (US Tax Day).

Having to earn a living is REALLY cutting into my free time :(

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:51 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
abbysdad wrote:

Man that is some truth!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
abbysdad wrote:

Amen to that, to paraphrase: Having to earn living is REALLY cutting into my Pulp City time.

Looking forwards to that Beermonkey!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:37 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Soooo, is it ready yet? :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:17 am
Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
Soooo, is it ready yet? :twisted:

Yes! Yes it is. Check it out and let us know what you think.

I really like the campaign Devon wrote-up for the jungle encounters.

Cheers,

Chris

Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:43 am
Here's the link so everyone can take a look.

http://darksondesigns.com/?p=327

It was fun putting this together. I'm sure I'll have some more twisted Pulpness or the next issue and beyond. I hope people get a chance to try out the campaign.

Minion and I started it this weekend and had a blast. Jungle makes using Wallcrawlers a ton of fun. My Bloodwatch team found the villager and got directions and wiped out the villians. Didn't get a chance to get to round 2 but we were looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Awesome stuff there Beermonkey, now I want to have some beast minions, it's a great read and I really look foward to trying the jungle games. It will be a change of setting from my usual city themed fight.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Very cool!

I very much enjoyed the idea of beast minions. I always tended to just view them as the standard humanoids, but it's true, the Boom rules really can be expanded on enormously in that any models can be used. With that in mind, I'm almost half tempted to stat up an animate garbage dumpster minion for my next game...

On a less absurd note, I thought that the campaign idea was also well presented. Wallcrawling and Cover would make quite the difference in a game and present a very different feel for that battle.

All in all, very nice job and I hope we can hope for more Pulp City contributions of that quality!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:46 am
Glad you guys liked the issue!

PC themed content is welcome in the magazine anytime. As editor (and one of the writers) it's a pleasure not having to beg for good stuff. And Devon brings good stuff. All you have to do is scratch behind his ears and promise him a brew :)

The next issue is about historical, and some more pulp inspired, secret societies. We'll be covering the middle east and Asia (I think). If SOMEONE were to submit an article about the Coven, the secret world of the gangs in Pulp City's China Town, maybe a remaining cult of Forgotten worshippers, or perhaps a clandestine group of citizens that has a Luddite-like fear of Heavy Metal, we would have to publish it.

Hint. Hint.
:mrgreen: :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:45 am
It was a very good issue of Over the Wire. I'm glad to see them expanding the format to encompass a broader variety of games. I expect that myself and Leon and a few of you other Pulp City die hards will be writting some stuff up for future issues. We should be able to keep Over the Wire an essential magazine for all kinds of Pulp gaming.

As for the articles I was hoping that they would each do two things. First give you guys some ready made fun. Minions that you can just print and play. A campaign you can again just sit down and play out. The other thing I wanted was to showcase how you can combine and modify the existing rules to create customized games and scenarios, as well as new and interesting Minions. The BOOM rules are REALLY powerful when you get down to it. More so when you start combining and mixing things up a little.

So if you've got ideas for crazy animated dumpsters I WANT to see what you come up with. If you've got crazy time traveling scenario ideas throw 'em up here we'll make them work. Ask Dr. Warlock I'm more than willing to offer feedback and help getting your crazy Pulp City ideas to work.

Thanks again to Abbysdad for the poking and prodding it took to get this out. Wouldn't have done it without ya! Nice job Darkson! Looking forward to more and better!