<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Salute goodies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:23 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Well the show has been and gone and again was really good! :)

I was helping run demos for a friends game so was in nice and early before the regular folk and swung by to talk to Maciej before the rush. Gave him my list of minis I wanted, but stupidly forgot to put the rulebook on....when I went back later to pick up my goodies they were all sold out! :( no book for me....:(
Got to meet Leon too and was good to finally put a face to the person I'd spoken to here, and via pm's! :)
Picked up Dark Solar and all I can say is holy crap this dude is mega powerful, can't wait to try him out :) Not to sure on the Avatar of the Jaguar he just seems at first glance to far weaker to Solar and I'm struggling to see when I would use him effectively......

I also grabbed Soveriegn and Perun but need to know when we'll see their stat cards as neither came with one......:(

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:53 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
It was great to meet you Simon - thanks for saying hello. :)

On the book - Maciej is hoping to line up UK distribution soon, so you could wait on that or maybe PM him and mention you had hoped to get the book at Salute.

Rules for Sovereign and Perun are still being finalised - I will see if we can't get the Sovereign card that was in play on Saturady up for feedback and 'get you by' use.

Dark Solar is indeed very powerful, but of all the L3's so far he is the one most vulnerable to external control (Trail - Read Mind; Gemini Y - Mind Grip; Sanguine [night] - Fangs), or any and attacks targteing against :SPT .

As for Avatar of the Jaguar; well Rip helps friendly models by impairing enemies and allows Damage to Spectral models - not to be underestimated against models like Seabolt or Ace. Also his Primal Panic and Dread Totem Actions offer battlefield control options - ideal for objective based Plots and Agendas. Finally, he is a very mobile melee combatant.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
I had a good time at the show. I was pretty shellshocked as I got into a 21/2 hour demo of Eden, which ate a lot of my brainpower too. (It felt like a good game but in the same niche as Malifaux & Pulp City which I already struggle to find people to play against. The Jokers are great super hero villain minions looking like a pack of Harley Quinns)

It was nice to meet the forum names even if I was gibbering by the end.

darth tater wrote:
Picked up Dark Solar and all I can say is holy crap this dude is mega powerful, can't wait to try him out :) Not to sure on the Avatar of the Jaguar he just seems at first glance to far weaker to Solar and I'm struggling to see when I would use him effectively..:(

This was pretty much my sentiment ona closer look the Avatar is a hit & run fighter with debuffs. He can have very powerful charges & can set up or be set up by his little buddy too. (Does RIP stack from different models?)
Dark Solar looks like a pretty direct damage machine with solid defences & that nice buff aura.

I was very impressed by Dark Solar - probably my favourite level 3 with his links to the level 2 forms & straightforward looking playstyle to him. The new Solar wth flight is also a nice tweak.

The demo copy of Sovereign seemed rather potent too :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:45 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
darth tater wrote:
...I also grabbed Soveriegn but need to know when we'll see their stat cards as neither came with one......:(

Ask and Morf shall provide:

link.