<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  character generator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:30 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 3Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:10 am
has anyone set up a set of rules to design your own heroes other than rough outlines?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Nothing official my friend. BUt for personal use with friends see my guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1273

Welcome to Pulp City. Glad your here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:43 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Remember as well that the minion creation rules, while not exactly what you're looking for, can still be used to create lesser heroes and side kicks. While it won't provide your custom hero with the same power as a real supreme, it does have the bonus of being part of the official ruleset.

Truth is, some level 2 solo minions can be nearly as useful as a level 1 supreme, if only in a specific role.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:28 am
thanks for the welcome...you guys are pretty cool...do you think something resembling a character creation rules are down the pipe?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:04 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Next up is the giant monster rules. We are considering the idea of a build your own Supreme. It would most likely be a little different than what you think though. But yes it is, and has been, discused. One thing at a time though.

For now enjoy the 100+ models we've got and build some minions. Soon Monsters will be stomping up the city. Then we'll see.... :STR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Morlockas wrote:
thanks for the welcome...you guys are pretty cool...do you think something resembling a character creation rules are down the pipe?

Oh, definitely. It's been discussed. Monsters have Priority, though. However, as BM said, don't expect them to be like the current crop of supremes out there.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:49 pm
again thanks for the info, bashing monsters should be awesome, just hope they won't be like most role playing monsters where they just tear you a new one, more so than the main villain your facing...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:31 pm
Ha Ha Ha Ha.... No worries there. Not to say that a Monster can't just off a Supreme. He just won't win by doing that. Again it will all come down the Mayhem Deck!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
I have some godzilla bling to wear to the monster smash.

Can't wait to give the rules a try.

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:24 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
When we started designing Monsters, my biggest fear was not to turn them into super big Supremes.
Worry not - with the current system, a Monster is able to kill off most of the Supremes in a round. Supremes are able to take down the Monster.
But neither of these will hand you the win.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:03 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
I am so pumped for the Monster rules, Morf. Any clues as to when we'll get our hands on them? (I've bought some big minis from the DnD line already!)