<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Entering the City

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:40 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yes if you have 1 Flight Counter you can attack...ane be attacked in B2B. You can however, leave combat at any time and you will be Immune/Free Strikes when you leave. (note if you are Not Up Up and Away and in B2B, Up Up and Away DOES trigger a free strike)

Sure if you and your opponent agree to this no problem. Note there is a rule for Flight Indoors (pg. 31) that will affect you.

P.S. told ya Harrier was a beast! Love her!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
hendybadger wrote:
More games tonight v loudo. Losta again but had ALOT of fun doing so.
Really fallen for Harrier, Supreme Zed and Sanguine now.

Zed Crash Landing with 1 wound left. Taking Solar with him!

Brutal!

Quote:
But we did have a question or 2 that we couldnt find the answers to in the guide. (probably just missed them though)

Can a model with no FLIGHT counters close combat attack a model in B2B with 1?

No, strictly speaking it would need Reach 1+. However, I favour the argument that say if you can attack, then you can be attacked. Maybe we need some extra clarity around this issue.

Quote:
Can models with FLIGHT go through upper floor windows on buidlings?

I can't see any reason why not; it its move can take it over a building (and remember Flight counters are an abstraction, not actual height) then I would say that if the move takes the model over the building then they could arguably fly through a window.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:54 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Harrier is a Beast indeed.
And the last move was very Brutal. There was nothing left apart from a big red stain and 2 capes!
If Stalker hadnt run away there would have been any models left on the table.

Glad I didnt just miss the rule in the book. Am I being awkward finding things like this? :wink:
An official ruling or clarification could be good for future players.
There was something else but after the final turn I forgot what it was.

If flying into a building, would you need to stop next to it and then use you next move to go in? Or could you go in mid move?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:33 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
hendybadger wrote:
Harrier is a Beast indeed.
And the last move was very Brutal. There was nothing left apart from a big red stain and 2 capes!
If Stalker hadnt run away there would have been any models left on the table.

Glad I didnt just miss the rule in the book. Am I being awkward finding things like this? :wink:
An official ruling or clarification could be good for future players.

Not awkward at all; it is a very good question. :)

And something that may be worthy of clarifying.

Quote:
There was something else but after the final turn I forgot what it was.

When you remember, don't hesitate to ask - I am sure Devon, Bob, Ron, Stuart or myself will do our best to give an answer.

Quote:
If flying into a building, would you need to stop next to it and then use you next move to go in? Or could you go in mid move?

Since it is not covered in absolute terms, if playing against you I would allow it as part of a move as long as there was enough move remaining to allow the model base to be fully within the footprint of the building, if that makes sense. Not an official ruling (They are for Morf after all), but I think that would be in the spirit of the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:24 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:
Not awkward at all; it is a very good question. :)

And something that may be worthy of clarifying.

When you remember, don't hesitate to ask - I am sure Devon, Bob, Ron, Stuart or myself will do our best to give an answer.

Since it is not covered in absolute terms, if playing against you I would allow it as part of a move as long as there was enough move remaining to allow the model base to be fully within the footprint of the building, if that makes sense. Not an official ruling (They are for Morf after all), but I think that would be in the spirit of the rules.

And there I was trying to be difficult :D

Whatever the other thing was, we have 2 Pulp nights planned for next week so Im sure it will come up again.

Regarding entering buildings, am I reading the 'on foot' rules correctly?
A model must end a move in B2B with an entry point. The next movement action takes them inside and the distance of the move.

The flying entry sounds good. Going to give it a try.

EDIT: I have also remembered a couple of other question.
Does the Molecular Manipulation +-1 stay on Giant and Mini Hadron? (It says all effects carry over)
Who pays the 1AP for Dr.Mercs Mercurial Martix?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:11 am
A couple more questions from a huge game we played tonight.

Does BLINK work in a straight line at an angle if going into a building?
For example. You BLINK 1 inch through a wall. Are you in the bottom floor or any floor?
Or you BLINK off the roof of a 5 storey building 4 inches. Do you end up on the ground?

Does Nuclear Jones' Nuclear Leak give him Aftershocks aswell?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Blink is a strange power it lets you draw a line of X inches. You can move horizotally, vertically or anything in between. So you can move 5" through a wall onto the second floor or first floor. Measure from the base and go to town.

Hope that's semi-clear.

No Nuke Jones is immune to all Actions from Nuke or Nuke Jones. He's Immune/his own powers. So no problem with that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:30 pm
Thats clears up the Blink perfectly. Thanks

I got confused with Nuc Jones because his team power says Nuke is immune to him and he is immune to Nuke. But not that he is immune to himself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 am
Can you Blink into mid air and fall the rest of the way?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
hendybadger wrote:
Can you Blink into mid air and fall the rest of the way?

I'd say so. Simply follow the rules for falling from a building or something like that. Sort of like jumping onto another supreme? Is that what you are thinking? :D

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 pm
Thats how we played it. Blink off a high building to take a ground objective on the last turn