<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Entering the City

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:55 am
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
hendybadger wrote:
Do people think it would be unbalanced to take Flight with a Brawler when using the BOOM rules?

It's hard to say... I wouldn't say unbalanced, but I'd say that it's an extremely potent ability. Think of it this way...

Flight gives a brawler:
+1 :STR
+2 Blitzer
Easier charges since you can fly over other models
Immune/free strikes.

That's a lot of bonuses. Yes, there's the risk of being shot down, but often, if there's a supreme close by or a minion, lots of people will take a shot at the supreme.

Nothing wrong with trying it out, but bear in mind just how powerful that upgrade will be.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Nope not really. Do like you do with Blasters, free upgrade is Levitate then spend 1 MPP for Flight 2.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:44 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Will give it a try and see how Supreme Zed gets on with his new friend - Supreme Zedboy (Name WIP)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:04 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Next questions-

Are Lvl 3 Team powers cumulative? For example, If I have CORE in an all Heavy Metal team, would I get both team powers?

And not really game related but,
A while ago I found a Giant Hadron painted in red and yellow. Almost like Iron Man.
But I cant find it anymore.
Anyone else seen it or know where it is online?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:52 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Is this the fella you're looking for buddy?

baskinders wrote:
So been a little while, have been working on some other stuff, but I got my Giant Hadron in the mail and it was way cooler than I expected to tell you the truth! So I've painted all my three Hadrons to add to the team.

Originally I was thinking Iron Man colours of red and gold would be sweet, and that's what I've gone with but he's kinda turned out less Iron Man and more Flash Gordon... but I think it works in a retro raygun type of way so I'm happy :)

And a picture of the 6 lvl team so far...

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 am
Thats the one. Thanks Darth.

My Search-fu was very weak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
no probs :D

It does look awesome! :D

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
hendybadger wrote:
Next questions-

Are Lvl 3 Team powers cumulative? For example, If I have CORE in an all Heavy Metal team, would I get both team powers?

Yes you get both Team Powers, but note the second usually has a qualifier (e.g. all-Heavy Metal for C.O.R.E.).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:38 pm
Thanks for that. Another thing that now makes more sense.

Had a fun 3 way game tonight. We have a much better grasp on the rules now and it was alot of fun.
Looking forward to the next one.
The highlight being Iron Train jumping off the edge of a 4 story building onto Ace of Wraiths and Blood Rose.
Then only taking 1 damage!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:41 pm
Ok, LOTS of questions time for last nights game. (I have been looking in the guide but couldnt really find the answers to these)

2 models are on opposite roofs. Each roof has a wall that covers the bottom half of each model.
Could 1 see the other to shoot even though you cant draw LOS from the base?

In the LOS example pic in the PC Guide, it says there is no LOS to the citizen. The base can draw LOS to the top half of the citizen so why does it count as no LOS? Wouldnt it just be cover?

Can Blasts or Self Blasts effect models in floors above or below while inside or inside buildings if it originates from outside? What about Auras?

A model is 4 floors up on the edge of the rook. Another is touching the building 4 floors directly below.
If the lower model uses a SBL3 would it affect the higher one?
What if the higher one had 3 FLIGHT tokens?

Can models use MOVE* to pass over small (Knee / waist hight) walls or would it be difficult terrain?

Not really rules for this last one
What are people veiws on using buildings over 10" high?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:24 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Let's see...

They would both benefit from In Cover. The pic is a hold over from the original free rules that we must have missed somehow.

Blast and SBL inside a building. Your call really. What makes sense? If you do allow it model would benefit from In Cover of course. We may need to discuss an offical ruling but for stuff like this just apply this formula:

Is it Fun ? (Y/N)
Is it Comic Book? (Y/N)
Is it Fair? (Y/N)

If you answered yes then go for it!

Blasts and self blast measure an Acctual distance. Thus a model on a 6" building is outside of the effect of the Blast. Just like Blink measure real distance from SBL & Blasts.

We let most of that stuff go. Thick walls might just cost an inch of movent to leap over. Or just smash the wall apart with a :STR vs. :DEF roll. Again just apply the above formula.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Let's see...

They would both benefit from In Cover. The pic is a hold over from the original free rules that we must have missed somehow.

Blast and SBL inside a building. Your call really. What makes sense? If you do allow it model would benefit from In Cover of course. We may need to discuss an offical ruling but for stuff like this just apply this formula:

Is it Fun ? (Y/N)
Is it Comic Book? (Y/N)
Is it Fair? (Y/N)

If you answered yes then go for it!

Blasts and self blast measure an Acctual distance. Thus a model on a 6" building is outside of the effect of the Blast. Just like Blink measure real distance from SBL & Blasts.

We let most of that stuff go. Thick walls might just cost an inch of movent to leap over. Or just smash the wall apart with a :STR vs. :DEF roll. Again just apply the above formula.

I like your formula. Thats my sort of gaming.
In the first example, would the shooting model be able to get LOS from its base if its right behind a wall that goes half way up the attacking model?

With the blasts, how would that work against models with 3 flight tokens that have been placed 6" up to show where they are? Would you need to be on the same level still to get any effect?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:39 pm
As long as you can see part of the model, that's not weapons or capes (lookin at you Skyline!) go for it.

So yeah if you can see 25% or more go for it.

In the second case it depends. Is the model on Top of the building? IF yes then it's out of range. Flight doesn't factor.

Think of flight as speed and manuever. A good flyer can get out of a small blast with ease. A poor flyer will be caught by the blast. Flight Tokens are NOT height, they are speed. So if the model isn't on top of the building you would compair the SBL 3 to the number of tokens as ussual. But in your case it sounds like the mode is 6" up, out of the way of the blast to begin with not skimming the ground and vulnerable to the attack.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 am
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Again, makes more sense now.

Next game will change a little again.
And damn it, Ill keep going until we get it right!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm
Just checking on a couple of things with Minions.

Am I right in thinking, a Minion card can activate several times a round if a different Supreme commands them each time?
And if they have enough action , with usual movement restrictions and such, thier AP could be unlimited?

Thought I asked this earlier but cant find it so will ask now.
For an Invasion Plot, how many Lvl1+2 Minions do you keep to hand for use?