<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  New to the game and a quick question

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
Hi there

Was thinking of getting into the game and what with the free shipping till the end of the week I was thinking of getting some of the heavy metal figures.

I was just thinking of using the downloaded rules for now though and was wondering what the difference between those rules and the actual printed rules? Is it just fluff, pictures and more about the various supremes or are the rules expanded also?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:52 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Mecha Ace wrote:
Hi there

Was thinking of getting into the game and what with the free shipping till the end of the week I was thinking of getting some of the heavy metal figures.

I was just thinking of using the downloaded rules for now though and was wondering what the difference between those rules and the actual printed rules? Is it just fluff, pictures and more about the various supremes or are the rules expanded also?

The printed rules add some new mechanics as well as streamlining a lot of the ideas and concepts, putting limits and minimums on bonuses, and adds a whole new concept with the agenda's and plots section, not to mention the build your own minion rules (BOOM). Furthermore, Supremes get special abilities based on their trump traits, allowing Supremes to be even more supreme- Throwing scenery, shooting into melee, being tougher, and more. Essentially, this is a revamped version of the downloaded rules- You don't want to miss out on them.

If you play with the free rules, you get some great things, and when you switch to the printed rules, you'll notice some marked differences and wonder why you didn't start with them to begin with.

Others will jump in with more comments, I'm sure.

Welcome to the the world of Pulp City Mecha!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:02 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
First off, welcome!

Second, Varagon was pretty much right, but let me add one more thing. It's like the difference between downloading a beta version of software and then the final release. Sure the beta will work, and in this case, it's damn cool, but the final product offers more features, patches bugs and offers a much better user experience.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
Yeah I did wonder and was thinking of getting the rules, though the thing being that then you no longer get free shipping.

Thought of getting some figs, trying it out then maybe getting the full rules if I like it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:29 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Mecha Ace wrote:
Yeah I did wonder and was thinking of getting the rules, though the thing being that then you no longer get free shipping.

Thought of getting some figs, trying it out then maybe getting the full rules if I like it.

That makes some sense, but I think you meant:

Mecha Ace wrote:
Thought of getting some figs, trying it out then maybe getting the full rules when I like it.

If you have any questions about the supremes themselves, our hero/villain sections offer excelent descriptions.

Offline Profile