<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  What are your 3 favourite Sub-factions?

What are your 3 favourite Sub-factions?

Blood Watch
13%
[ 11 ] 13%

Heavy Metal
13%
[ 11 ] 13%

ARC
18%
[ 15 ] 18%

Necroplane
13%
[ 11 ] 13%

The Coven
12%
[ 10 ] 12%

The Forgotten
10%
[ 8 ] 10%

Ulthar
4%
[ 3 ] 4%

Otherside
10%
[ 8 ] 10%

Unaligned Heroes
4%
[ 3 ] 4%

Unaligned Villains
5%
[ 4 ] 5%

Total votes : 84
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Following the poll I did last year (here) about whether people prefer to make Sub-faction only Teams or not, I thought it was high time for a poll about our favourite Sub-faction(s).

So the question is:

What are your 3 favourite Sub-factions?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I'm very curious to see the results of this.

I voted Blood Watch, Necroplane and Otherside.

Otherside is a bit of a leap of faith at this point, but kitty is a blast to play and the art for Alice in the rules is cool. I definitely want to see more of these guys!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:55 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
For me it is currently:

Blood Watch: I have been reading some books like Nocturnals lately; but more importantly they feel so much more rounded with the arrival of Moonchild/Moon Coyote & Loup Garou II.
Unaligned Heroes: probably the Team I play most of all; even though a non-Team (except arguably with Dead Eye), I still like a good gathering of spandex heroes and this is the best way to achieve that.
The Coven: I love the mix of Mystery and Science and think as a consequence they have tons of potential, which will grow (once again has started to grow with Loup Garou II & Moonchild/Moon Coyote).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
For me it's

A.R.C.:: Hey Monkeys rule! They are very well balanced and quick. They have a lot of synergies and some fun abilities. Plus you know monkeys, apes and explosives! Sadly everyone else loves these guys so I don't get much table time with them, but plenty against them.

Bloodwatch: I'm a big fan of these dark heroes. I've loved them since Six Feet Under showed up. With some new blood I'll be using these guys even more. But when I'm stuck for a team I almost ALWAYS just grab Bloodwatch and go. Still waiting to meet V the Bloodwatch Level 3!

Ulthar: Love these guys. Sure my bias is clear as I designed them but still... They have a LOT of synergy and a very different play style from many of the other Teams out there. These guys are current favorites.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:19 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 22Location: Burlington, VermontJoined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:15 am
Wow, am I the only one who voted for Mysterious Man?

The ARC seems to be the most cohesive team in design and identity (although it helps that they are almost all monkeys), and I like their moral flexibility. Like Cardboard Vampire, I am willing to endorse Otherside based solely on the coolness of Kitty Cheshire and the concept itself, although the same could be said for The Forgotten. Sadly I am just not enough of a fan of the Boreas model (although if we had some Mecha-Spartans, that might make up for it...hint!).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:23 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 34Location: LiverpoolJoined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:06 pm
For me its: Necroplane, ARC and Heavy Metal

then search for the Liverpool Gamers Commune on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/139362752539/
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:06 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
I voted ARC, Bloodwatch and Ulthar. Same as Beermonkey but hey the monkeys gotta stick together.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:53 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
ARC
(they drew me in)

Necroplane
(proof that people go trough different phases.. never liked undead, but my fave pulpcity team is necroplane, and my fave malifaux one is ressurrectionists O_o how could that happen :))

the Otherside
2 reasons, like beermonkey with ulthar Im biased ;) and the second reason I know the other ideas I have for this ;).. if they ever happen.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:59 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Melvin you tease! I'm sure they'll happen. Let's face it Morf has a TON of minis ready to go just the casting problems holding us up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:16 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I havent played yet but after reading the background, putting teams together and buying as many as possible I have gone for Necroplane (Love every mini and the background), Otherside (Kitty is my favourite mini in the range, Alice looks amazing and I have just finished playing an Alice xbox game that was awesome) and Unaligned Heros (I like bits of each sub-faction and backround but not all of one and none of another)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:44 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Necroplane
Ulthar
The Forgotten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:24 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
I'm gonna have to go for Heavy Metal first (especially since I bought most of them during the free shipping to get into the game).

After that just general unaligned heroes, really like skyline and picked up Perun as well. Some of the others are quite tempting too.

Third is probably otherside. I'm intrigued by the concept of it, and I really like the Kitty Cheshire model.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:28 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I've been delaying my vote since I really couldn't pin down a favorite. If I play heroes, it's ultimately HM for me.

Otherwise, as villains, these are my choices:
Blood Watch
The Coven

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:28 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
coven is second?! shocked but pleased as they are my favorite villains.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:45 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
varagon wrote:
I've been delaying my vote since I really couldn't pin down a favorite. If I play heroes, it's ultimately HM for me.

Otherwise, as villains, these are my choices:
Blood Watch
The Coven

Bloodwatch are heroes, FYI :)

Aaron

Offline Profile