<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Some Questions Regarding the Future

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:40 pm
MortalPosts: 45Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm
Hey all,

New to the game, very excited about it! However, after perusing the forums for a while I keep hearing about certain things that I can't seem to find any 'official word' on. I was just wondering if anyone could answer these questions:

1) Big Ass Monsters: Yep, they're all over the place! And they are very, very cool. However, what is the plan for them? Are these going to become a staple of the game or was the kit just for fun?

2) The 'Annual'. I've heard people talking about this, is it a collection of all the new supremes/monsters/scenarios/whatever from the past year?

3) How often are figs released? Are we looking at a couple a month or does it just happen when it happens?

4) The 'create your own minions' rules, are they in the rulebook (which I have yet to get my hands on)

I ask because I'm loving the look of the Jade, um, Kingdom(?), the sound of the mecha-spartans and also I really, really need to beat the crap out of MechaAce with Cthulhu.

Cheers!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Dangerousbeans wrote:
Hey all,

New to the game, very excited about it! However, after perusing the forums for a while I keep hearing about certain things that I can't seem to find any 'official word' on. I was just wondering if anyone could answer these questions:

1) Big Ass Monsters: Yep, they're all over the place! And they are very, very cool. However, what is the plan for them? Are these going to become a staple of the game or was the kit just for fun?

2) The 'Annual'. I've heard people talking about this, is it a collection of all the new supremes/monsters/scenarios/whatever from the past year?

3) How often are figs released? Are we looking at a couple a month or does it just happen when it happens?

4) The 'create your own minions' rules, are they in the rulebook (which I have yet to get my hands on)

I ask because I'm loving the look of the Jade, um, Kingdom(?), the sound of the mecha-spartans and also I really, really need to beat the crap out of MechaAce with Cthulhu.

Cheers!

Hey, I think I can help!!!

1. Yes! The plan is to release rules for them soon (ish). Beermonkey tested the rules at Gen Con 2011, so from there, we need to add in two more types and playtest some more. They WILL be a staple of the game.

2. The annual will be updates on rules, small simple changes, scenarios, and the like. It wont be an expansion, but more like a continuation. The hope was that we'd get things in gear and get it done in 2011, but that's not going to happen in 2011!

3. Figs seem to be released every two months roughly, maybe longer. But, you do get two figs to a release if not more. So, if it takes say, four months, you'll most likely get four figures in that wave of releases. On average, if you count models and months, its averaged one release every 4-5 weeks or so.

4. BOOM (Build your own minion) rules are in the book. Beermonkey has a post here somewhere that explains them somewhat, and I think you can even build minions with the info he leaked.

Hope that helps!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:45 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
1) Yes there are going to be a regular thing with Pulp City. You don't have to use them or you may end up always using them. They really change the way you can play the game without changing any of the core rules. So Pulp City is still Pulp City but you can always just throw down Godzilla and do something different.

2) The Annual is going to be our first expansion. As Varagon said it's more of a continuation of what we started. The Annual will have all of the Monster Rules and maybe a few more little tid bits. You will not see new Supremes printed in our books. As Morf said why would we make you pay for a book that is 50% or more stuff we make available free on the site. More to the point we're not gonna make you pay money to see stats of models you might want to buy.

3) At this time I KNOW we have a TON of models waiting in the wings. We've had some casting and supply issues this last year which has really slowed down releases but if anything we have more concepts and masters ready to go than ever before. I think we have at least a dozen models waiting for casting and final playtesting.

4) You can find an early version of the BOOM rules here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1046

They do get changed up in the book a bit. So those aren't final but will give you a good idea of what you can do with them. Also Darkson Designs Over the Wire magazine issue 20 has a few more BOOM ideas, tweaks and fun stuff for Pulp City. You can find it here: http://darksondesigns.com/?page_id=27

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:46 am
That's great guys, cheers for the info. Pretty excited about the monsters and eager to convert me some minions!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:10 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 36Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:52 pm
Good to hear there are plenty of plans. I've played other games that I love but have died through release schedules that are so slow they move at glacial pace.

Oh and beans, my giant hadron will smash your cthulu.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 pm
MortalPosts: 11Location: Indianapolis, INJoined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:35 am
I know it has been brought up that there is a plan for new starters, is there a plan for a new rule book with this? Or is the current one Pretty much IT?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Herrgeist wrote:
I know it has been brought up that there is a plan for new starters, is there a plan for a new rule book with this? Or is the current one Pretty much IT?

Hopefully starter rules to go with new starters! Morf has plans already under-way!. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Herrgeist wrote:

You mean quick start rules or a NEW rulebook? The rulebook released last October is it. We plan on having an "annual" which is a continuation of the game. Not necessarily a new ruleset.

If you mean quickstart rules, then we need to get some made!

Hope that helps.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:16 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
varagon wrote:
Herrgeist wrote:

You mean quick start rules or a NEW rulebook? The rulebook released last October is it. We plan on having an "annual" which is a continuation of the game. Not necessarily a new ruleset.

If you mean quickstart rules, then we need to get some made!

Hope that helps.

There will be quick-start rules which is what I meant by starter rules above. Plans are afoot. But the Guide will remain the primary rules source. And as Beermonkey and Varagon note, the Annual adds to the core game, not replaces it. It will offer an extra dimension of gaming.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:09 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
3) At this time I KNOW we have a TON of models waiting in the wings. We've had some casting and supply issues this last year which has really slowed down releases but if anything we have more concepts and masters ready to go than ever before. I think we have at least a dozen models waiting for casting and final playtesting.

Really looking forward to what you guys have planned.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 am
@ Beermonkey: In regards to the annual (editing down a quote on my phone is a pain in the hoop), does that mean we won't have a collection of all the supremes rules together? Are there supremes in the Pulp City Guide?

I like to know my enemy :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
You are correct. All the Supremes are listed here on the forums. Morf didn't want to have to charge you more to get information that we already publish free right here. So no there are no Supreme cards in the Rules nor will you see any in the annual.