<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Starter Boxes?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 am
MortalPosts: 14Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 pm
So, I saw somewhere else that there is some consideration for new starter boxes in the works? I ask because i've decided to buy in... I'm going to order the rulebook soon.

However, if there is some changes to the starter boxes on the way, I'd like to find out what those changes will be, and when, before deciding to buy the current boxes or wait for the new ones.

Thanks!

PS - regarding Haldron, is his huge mini necessary? I'd like to get it, but I also see it's limited edition, or some such. I'd hate to buy his set and find out that the giant mini is no longer available :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Some time early next year we will be releasing two new starter boxes. A hero and a villian box. Each box will have three minis, 2 level 2 and a Level 1 Supreme. Three figures means one of each origin. 1 figure in each box will be an alternate version of an existing Supreme. The Villians will get a new version of Nuke. The idea is to represent a little of everything Pulp with the Starters. Also all 6 of the Starter Models will have simple straightforward Actions so they will be easy to learn. Not that they are simple, just simple staightforward powers.

As for Hadron no you don't need his larger model. You may want it later but I don't think it's going to be going away soon. You might have to wait a while before another casting but that's worst case scenario. So don't panic he's too cool to go away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:54 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
So if nuke is the villain resculpt, might I ask who the hero is?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Could you reveal who will be in the starters, so I can start buying other models now? ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:22 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Morfedel wrote:
Could you reveal who will be in the starters, so I can start buying other models now? ;)

Let's not get greedy... Let's see if Beermonkey is kind enough to pass on anything else before we bombard him with more questions.

On second thought, the more we ask, the more likely it is we'll ask a question that he IS willing to answer!

So will the original nuke/secret hero miniatures still be available after the resculpts are on the market?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:52 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
As far as I know yes, you can use either version and both should remain available. I'll say this the other is Hero from the original Hero Starter. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:18 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
Rather coy aren't you given the facebook page says it's Ace of Wraiths?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:21 pm
Interesting... Thanks Pickles, I was guessing an Androida re-sculpt since it's one of the weaker figs in the set.

Still, thanks Beermonkey, it's useful to know the old figs will stay on the market.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Pickles wrote:
Rather coy aren't you given the facebook page says it's Ace of Wraiths?

Probably not on purpose. It's probably an old post he didn't remember referencing or it's brand new. lol

BM's great, but he can't remember everything. Especially after the keg affects him.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:13 pm
varagon wrote:
Probably not on purpose. It's probably an old post he didn't remember referencing or it's brand new. lol

BM's great, but he can't remember everything. Especially after the keg affects him.

Agreed. Beermonkey goes out of his way to keep us up to date and to share what he can. I don't think anyone would acuse him of doing any less.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:30 pm
Thanks guys. If it was up to me I'd tell you everything. It kills me to try and keep my big mouth shut. Plus working night and going to school sometimes leaves my a little groggy. Anyway back to topic:

Heroes will have a new Ace of Wraiths, and two new heroes. Another Level 2 and a Level 1.

Villains get Nuke and Aurelius plus another as yet unnamed villain.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:48 pm
I was just thinking, Nuke is an interesting choice for the starter.

The idea was to include straight forward supremes, but Nuke is hardly that. He's a blaster who blasts everything around him, rather then at range.

Anyway, I'll be curious to see how it plays out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:12 pm
These are new version of Nuke and Ace. New Actions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:31 am
Ok then, so I can purchase the two starter boxes and still not be duplicating with the new ones, eh?

Will they be discontinuing the old starters?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:25 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Morfedel wrote:
Ok then, so I can purchase the two starter boxes and still not be duplicating with the new ones, eh?

Will they be discontinuing the old starters?

I believe the answer to that is yes. However, the Supremes should be available otherwise.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM