<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Monster base size?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:28 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
I want to make a D.I.Y monster but dont know what size the base is, anyone know? also i dont expect the rules for monsters are out yet but anyone know when they will be or if there is a fan version somewhere to see me through?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:41 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
The rules are being finalised, so hopefully not too long. :)

The Annual will cover Monsters in depth as a useful add-on/supplement to the game and sill/should be as a printed book.

Monsters are on 80mm bases. The models come with a suitable base blank, while Fenris Games do a nice recessed 80mm round base.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:58 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
cool, now im really looking forward to the annual now :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:51 pm
ok, got my first monster mounted on a cd. GW giant with lots of orky bionic bits including a grabber claw and super death ray cannon (guess all those years of collecting GW models where not a TOTAL waste of time) now all i need are some rules :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:05 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
We can just make them up for now I guess.

(Or see if Pulp Citizen may give some hints????)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:08 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
hendybadger wrote:
We can just make them up for now I guess.

(Or see if Pulp Citizen may give some hints????)

Hints aren't going to get you monster creation rules...

Let's just say that you'll get to choose from three types of monsters, then choose origin, choose a rank (level of encounter) and you can make upgrades after spending those ranks in points. No two monsters will be the same unless that's what you want to do. There are a ton of options depending on how you envision your Pulp Monster to be.

Each of the three types of Pulp Monsters has a weakness, and has to be dealt with in different ways. There will be much Mayhem on the streets of Pulp City.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Sounding good.
Looking forward to the annual even more now.
Already got LOADS of monster ideas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:27 am
why do you tempt us with all these lovely things then make us wait so long... curse you pulp-city :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:42 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
varagon wrote:
SNIP... then choose origin...SNIP

In this case, I need to clarify my leak, your Origin will determine monster type.

Thus, if you choose a mechanized gaiju, it'll be science origin. If you choose Mystery as your origin, you'll have some sort of inter-planatery, inter/outer-dimensional monster.

Your rampaging monster in the header of this website? Most likely nature in origin.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:17 pm
Ohh, Mystery could be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:52 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yeah Elders are a good time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 pm
What sort of things have you testers been building?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:50 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Rules... Lots of rules.

Plus something like 100+ different upgrades per Origin. You know that kind of thing. Oh and an all new Monster Specific Plot/agenda mechanic. You know that stuff. Plus of course giant apes, dinos, cthulu, War of the Worlds tripod, stuff like that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:52 pm
why do you hate me beermonkey, :o

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 pm
The more I read about these rules, the more I want to have them in my hands!

WotW Tripod sounds awesome!