<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Different Game Builds?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I know your team needs to be equal 1s and 2s, but what about playing one off games with all 1s or all 2s? Or 3 2s and a 1?
Would it be balanced and work or not?

Im thinking about a Pulp City Avengers team.
Nuke Jones (Iron Man)
Tritonius (Hulk)
Sovereign (Captain England . America)
Perun (guess who)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:18 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
First off, the number of 1s and 2s doesn't actually have to be the equal, it just can't have a difference of greater than 1 model between them.

For example, you can have 2 level 2s and 1 level 1. You can have 5 level 1s and 4 level 2s. You just can't have 3 level 2 and 1 level 1

As for balance, I can't speak to that part since I've never tried it any other way. I believe we've had at least one reported "imbalanced" game, but I'm afraid I don't remember what was reported specifically. You may want to check the battle report section.

Update:

You know, you could take that 4 level 2 team and make it legal by adding Arquero as hawkeye, androida as quicksilver and... there must be one more... but I can't think of it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:02 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
As long as both parties agree it's not really a problem. We've done a few 1,2,3 games using a single Level 1, 2, and 3 Supreme. It's ok but not great. Usually I've done this when play testing an new Level 3 and lacking time for full Level 12 game. It's fun now and again. As long a both sides are balanced it's not that big of a deal.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:48 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Thanks. Will remember that so we can mix things up in the future