<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  How do you like your BOOM Minions?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:02 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
(something went wrong with this post in the other forum)

As the title says, how do you like your BOOM Minions?

3 lvl1s?
1 lvl2?

Sidekicks and solos?
Or hordes and backup?

What do you prefer to make?

Last edited by hendybadger on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:04 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
3 lvl 1s, more bodies for blood to spill from :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:32 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
It really depends on the role I want them to play, 3 lvl 1's, 2 lvl 1's with some extras or 1 lvl 2.

Example: my nuclear zombies are lvl 2, 1 / card, I have some other level 1 zombies that are 2 per card as well, but they play a different role in the game than the basic 3/card zombies in the book.

My 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:55 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I agree entirely with Bubba. The boom rules provide a real toolbox, and it's up to you choose the right tool for the job.

There's definitely room for level 2 (sidekicks, no solos, in my opinion) who can be quite effective, but for a similar cost, you can get 2 level 1 cards, each with 3 guys.

A good idea is to think about 2 things:

1. What gaps do I have in my team that can be filled with minions?
2. What would be the most fun?

Interestingly, I've just started some new tests with a level 2 card with two minions, each able to fire rays (with range boosted). Too early to tell if it's useful, but it's quite fun!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:12 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Generally I'll take fewer bodies with a higher :STR / :ENG . I find that one shot at :ENG 4 is more effective than 3 shots at :ENG 2.

I will also take big bruiser with lots of health to use as blockers and "speedbumps" to slow an opponent down. This is handy in take and hold type plots/agendas.

Really it depends on what I need. You can do a LOT of stuff with the BOOM rules.