<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  What would you like to see in Pulp City?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:43 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
hendybadger wrote:
Im sure they will be getting 'additions' though.

I am sure we will see growth in the expected and unexpected ways. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:12 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I like unexpected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 5Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:11 pm
Brand new to the board but thought I'd chime in. I've been scoping out what line of mini gaming I want to jump into with both feet, and I've decided I will do so with PC:Supreme. Love the genre and the apparent focus on complex gameplay using straightforward approachable rules appeals to me and those I'll have to convince to buy in.

Frankly, if there were a way to start putting together my team(s) right now, I'd happily do so. But alas, I anxiously look forward to learning the new rules and new hero cards when they hit the street.

To my suggestion; I second the comment posted earlier in the thread about including some sort of custom-hero building guildlines. While I respect this could challenge the business model (why buy our product over homebrewing someone elses), I'm firmly in the camp that well designed sculpts and characters will get support regardless.

I think the current system is great and think the streamlined version will be excellent. I would love to port it over to other genre's of mini's as well. A tough call I know, but I think in the long run trusting your customers with tools provides the emergent gameplay and community that allows the game and community to self-sustain in between official releases.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:48 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Welcome MChez! :)

Custom, build will be in the future of SE; not immediately, BUT it is being worked on. Cannot offer a time-frame though, however SE gives us a platform that the preceding edition did not, which will be clearer (I think) when the Open Beta happens. Fans will see the building block approach to Actions and Powers with SE, which in turn will inform how we tackle custom build. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm
Good to hear pulpcitizen! Either way, in or out, soon or late, I'm ready to grab those SE heroes, villians, and rulebooks when they hit the shelves.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
We are approaching the end of the month... :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 am
Still on course; on or before the end of January, expect the Open Beta rules to be available for download. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 am
MortalPosts: 1Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 am
As someone who purchased the heroes and villians starter sets a little while back, I would like to know if the new cards would be required to play with the new supreme edition rules, considering the addition of roles, etc.
Also, would we be able to get our hands on fresh copies the new cards, or would we need to print them ourselves?

Back to the question though, I would love to see some more variation in the alien characters, like some really fearsome Avengers-chitauri-style aliens. Also, some more techy characters with gadgets and the like, with the ability to shoot a grappling gook to a nearby rooftop, for example. Overall though, the game is great.

P.S. My first post here, so go easy!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:55 pm
PyroMana wrote:
As someone who purchased the heroes and villians starter sets a little while back, I would like to know if the new cards would be required to play with the new supreme edition rules, considering the addition of roles, etc.
Also, would we be able to get our hands on fresh copies the new cards, or would we need to print them ourselves?

Back to the question though, I would love to see some more variation in the alien characters, like some really fearsome Avengers-chitauri-style aliens. Also, some more techy characters with gadgets and the like, with the ability to shoot a grappling gook to a nearby rooftop, for example. Overall though, the game is great.

P.S. My first post here, so go easy!

Welcome aboard! :)

(How is that for a gentle start?) :)

The SE will switch to new card style as the approach to Actions has changed sufficiently to need it.

That said, the plan we have in mind is that packs of cards for the existing range will become available via the web-store. Download alternative will be available for those preferring to home print their own.

We may not have a new alien race on the cards, but occasional alien characters and at some point Ulthar will see reinforcements.

Expect more techy characters (Supreme Alliance, METEOR eventually, others we have up our sleeves....).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome to the City PyroMana! Great to have you here.

As Pulp Citizen mentioned new cards are going to be a must. When the Open Beta test kicks off in a few days you'll be able to see what all the fuss is about. You may decide to stick with the old rules (we really doubt it), or jump headfirst into the new ruleset.

We are making every effort to ensure all players will be able to jump right in with the new rules.

As for the future most of what you want is being worked on. With more regular releases we'll be able to feed your addiction for more of what you love.

Tech guys...Wait till you meet Tomcat!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:47 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Welcome PyroMana. Hope you enjoy your time in the city.

Beermonkey - Is Tomcat the little bot?
Really looking forward to the Supreme Alliance and METEOR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 am
hendybadger wrote:
...Is Tomcat the little bot?...

Nope. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 am
Hmmmmm, wasn't Tomcat going to be along the lines of a Battlesuit?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 am
Couldn't wait and wanted to get to painting and give beta a whirl. Picked up the two starter sets even though the rules are outdated and will need conversion cards. Supporting the move over to the new system just seemed like a good idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 am
MChez wrote:
Couldn't wait and wanted to get to painting and give beta a whirl. Picked up the two starter sets even though the rules are outdated and will need conversion cards. Supporting the move over to the new system just seemed like a good idea.

Thank you MChez. :)

Any transition to a new direction is always going to be tricky, but this kind of enthusiasm makes it worthwhile for all of us. :)