<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  MONSTERS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:14 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Who out there already has ,or is planning to get soon, a Pulp City Monster?
How did you, or do you plan to, build it?
What do you think of the kit in general? Cleaning, building, painting etc?

We know the Monster rules PDF will be coming some time soon so how about abit of speculation and wishlisting to get us by until then.

What would you like to see in the Monster rules?

As for me. Got a Monster coming and going for the Dino set up to start with. When I get my hands on a second one it will be the Devil.
I would like to see some premade rules sets for the 4 buildable Monsters so you can use them straight away. Maybe even more sets for character Monsters aswell.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:49 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wish granted. What else?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:52 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Beermonkey wrote:
Wish granted. What else?

Well if you are in a wish granting mood I have a stack of wishes to thow out there! :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:17 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
To answer Hendybadger's question, I have one, but I have yet to assemble it. I'm hoping to find the time during the holidays.

As for how I'm going to assemble it, I really want to try and magnetize the pieces so that I can use it in multiple configurations. Still not sure if it's really possible to make that work, but I want to take the time to try. It's an amazing kit and I'd like to make the most of it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:35 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Started building mine and GSing is under-way. With the bitter UK winter ahead I think undercoating will be next year! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I will eventually get one, just have to build up my gaming expense fund again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:43 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Wish granted. What else?

How many do I get?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:42 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
hendybadger wrote:
Beermonkey wrote:
Wish granted. What else?

How many do I get?

.36 of one.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:06 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Due to Holidays and Finals my time to work on Monsters has been... well what time? Add to that a big project I'm finishing up a work and that's where my energy has gone of late.

I'm getting back to it and hope to have something out this week or next as a Happy Holidays to all my Pulp Peeps!

As for the Monster it is an AWESOME model. I did mine in Dino form as you may have seen. I did try to use magnets but the guy is BIG and I didn't have big enough or strong enough magnets to hold the alternate heads on. Kind of a shame. But I'm thinking I'll find some old Action figures and head swap onto them. Could be cool. More Monsters is always a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Sadly, the price tag for the Monster put it off my shopping list until x. I do, however, have three stand-ins, a Bluespawn Godslayer, a Grey Dragon and a Warforged something-or-other from the DnD minis line that I've based on Pulp City-esque bases...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Those will work just fine I assure you!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I really like the way those D&D minis look when re-based. I may try something similar too!

I love how for the monsters, there's just so much potential to use ANYTHING. I think I have an old heroclix sentinel that may find new usefulness.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:07 pm
I've used a Sentinel for a Pulp Robot many times, works very well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm
Those look like some nice monsters.

What sort of size is best to look at for making Monsters?
150mm / 6"? Bigger or smaller?

Which Sentinel are you using Beermonkey?
I was thinking about getting a Sentinel, Galactus and to get beaten up, a Starscream

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 pm
hendybadger wrote:
Those look like some nice monsters.

What sort of size is best to look at for making Monsters?
150mm / 6"? Bigger or smaller?

Which Sentinel are you using Beermonkey?
I was thinking about getting a Sentinel, Galactus and to get beaten up, a Starscream

They have a Galactus? That would be awesome! How big is it?

Offline Profile