<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Finally got the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:46 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
My Rulebook Christmas present from the wife just came in. The book looks great and I love the art. Now I can start teaching people how to play. My only concern is that the binding doesn't seem that great. It looks like the first and last dozen or so pages are not as solid. Anyone else have this issue or is it just my imagination?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:49 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
A number of people have had issues. I've got two copies and mine have held up rather well. It's designed to be lose so you can lay it flat on the table. Be kind to it and I doubt you'll have problems.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:33 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
Mine came with a pretty bad binding, in fact just opening the book the first time separated some of the pages from the binding. I "fixed" it with some packing tape... but I do worry about it discombobulating.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
My main gaming/reference copy sees a lot of use, has not been cared for as well as it should, yet the binding has remained solid. Loose as intended, but no pages coming free at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:12 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I think it's a fantastic book and is of excellent quality (full colour, great art, fantastic cover) but I've had binding problems too. I treat my books reasonably carefully, but my binding has partially detached. I'm sure future Pulp City books won't have that problem.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:58 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
Thanks for the replies. Now i know I will have to be super careful with this bool. I'm sure once I get my first games in and start painting you'll hear a lot more from me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
smokingmonkee wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Now i know I will have to be super careful with this bool. I'm sure once I get my first games in and start painting you'll hear a lot more from me.

Mine was loose as well, but after continued use nothing has broken free nor has the issue become worse.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:35 pm
MortalPosts: 12Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:33 pm
I had the same concerns when I got mine. The first day I took it to the local office supply store and had it spiral bound. I don't know if I would have had problems, but for a couple of bucks, I'm not concerned when letting people flip through it while I'm giving a demo.

Offline Profile