<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Hi from a newly interested party

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 37Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am
I have been watching the game for a while and have recently decided to pick it up but have a couple of questions

I went to buy the rulebook but it seems to be out of stock whenis it likely to arrive back in?

I see there are going to be new starters is it worth holding off getting into the game until they release?

Thanks in advance

Ishi

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:52 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Ishibei wrote:
I have been watching the game for a while and have recently decided to pick it up but have a couple of questions

I went to buy the rulebook but it seems to be out of stock whenis it likely to arrive back in?

I see there are going to be new starters is it worth holding off getting into the game until they release?

Thanks in advance

Ishi

Your game store should be able to order the rulebook through a distributor, but nothing wrong with double checking. I'll find out for sure.

The new starters will just be a little simpler to use as well as working together as a team much better. Since almost all of the stat cards are available to view here on the forum, you can conceivably go ahead and put your own team together to try out the game.

I would suggest starting a level 3 team by finding a level 1 and a level 2 and play them together. The size is small enough to not be confusing to a newer player as well as having enough tactics to make things interesting.

Welcome to the forums and please, jump in and ask any questions you may have. We're here to help.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:55 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Hi Ishibei and welcome to the city.

Your best bet for finding out when the rulebook will be back in stock (if not through your local store) would be to email shop@pulpmonsters.com or sales@pulpmonsters.com.

As for the starters, I heard they were out this year but there is atleast 1 wave of new models out before them.
When I started I just picked up some Heros and Villians I liked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:57 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 37Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am
Thanks for the swift responses I will drop a mail, I don't have a local store

I will pick a few minis first then

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:59 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I did find out that the rulebook is currently out of print...If you find one in stock, grab it up.

I didn't get any more details, though, except there are plans to remedy that issue.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:28 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Been informed there will be an updated rules PDF to download on the new website soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
hendybadger wrote:
Been informed there will be an updated rules PDF to download on the new website soon.

When/where did you hear that?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am
Morf mentioned it in an email when I asked when the rules will be available again