<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Rulebook versus Download

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:34 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 am
He people,

I have a question, can any one tell me whats the difference between the rulebook and the download from the site?

You recommend when starting the game to get a few models and the download, so is this rulewise exactly the same as the Book?

Still gonna buy the book anyway, just curious if i would recommend the game to others :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:56 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Currently the rulebook is quite different to the downloadable PDF. The PDF will still give you a great game, but there were quite a few tweaks to how things work. I recommend the printed version, but I'd still like the PDF. I can have it in multiple locations then.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 66Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:09 pm
Yeah exactly. The PDF is an older version of the rules. Still quite playable, but the printed rules are the updated and expanded rules, and well worth getting!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Definitely. Things have changed and you'll get a much, much smoother game play that's more fun, more balanced, and more engaging.

One thing you miss out on the downloadable rules are the terrain interactions are a lot more engaging, power ups, and super damage. Flight has also been reworked to be more manageable. There are others as well, but just some things that I can recall.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 37Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am
Getting the rulebook is the biggest challenge at present

I will ve playing with the pdf but if anyone wants to outline the differences i wouldn't complain

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 am
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Ishibei wrote:
Getting the rulebook is the biggest challenge at present

I will ve playing with the pdf but if anyone wants to outline the differences i wouldn't complain

From what I understand, it may be easier to get the updated rules soon, potentially. Anyway, there are lots of differences. Nothing too overwhelming but all the little things add up.

Plots - Instead of just beating the other team to a bloody pulp, which is fun too, this adds additional missions.
Improved movement rules - this streamlines things nicely. Also includes really cool flight rules.
Trump changes - Roll two dice and take the higher, instead of being able to reroll.

That's what I remember off the top of my head... Been a long time since I played off the pdf.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 pm
MortalPosts: 3Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:28 am
I read the download, it's really awesome though it seems some of the pages are missing and I only saw a create a minion area. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:30 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I think the only pages missing are the fluff at the end

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
hendybadger wrote:
I think the only pages missing are the fluff at the end

I have to agree with the esteemed badger here. That's all I noticed to be missing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm
MortalPosts: 3Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:28 am
I wanna see the fluff and stuff! >.<;

Offline Profile