<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  New here, a few Qs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 pm
Hello everyone, first post here and hope it is not terribly out of place.

It was pure chance that I was interested in the game, downloaded the now outdated pdf guide, and the exact next day the full rulebook becomes available. Definitely a sign that I should get into this game.

Anyway, now to the questions. Again, hope they aren't in the wrong place or already throughly answered anywhere else.

1- Can Charge* and Jump* actions be performed twice per Round? They do not specify in the description, like other actions.

2- Auras and Self Blasts. Are they measured from the edge of the model's base or its center point (with a template)?

3- When calculating scenery piece damage points (p. 55), it says "multiply its width by its length and add its height" but in the example it just adds it all up. Which is correct?

Finally, 4- What do you guys recommend to begin? I will be getting both Heroes and Villains, see if I can stir things up down here in Buenos Aires. So, starter sets or going for the cheaper 2 model sets of my choice?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
dogui wrote:
Hello everyone, first post here and hope it is not terribly out of place.

It was pure chance that I was interested in the game, downloaded the now outdated pdf guide, and the exact next day the full rulebook becomes available. Definitely a sign that I should get into this game.

Anyway, now to the questions. Again, hope they aren't in the wrong place or already throughly answered anywhere else.

Glad you made to town, Dogui!

dogui wrote:
1- Can Charge* and Jump* actions be performed twice per Round? They do not specify in the description, like other actions.

You get two movement actions a round, and you can't repeat the same movement action. Run* counts as two movement actions. Some exclusive actions are movement actions also.

dogui wrote:
2- Auras and Self Blasts. Are they measured from the edge of the model's base or its center point (with a template)?

Blasts are measured from the center of the area. Self blasts are measured from the base.

dogui wrote:
3- When calculating scenery piece damage points (p. 55), it says "multiply its width by its length and add its height" but in the example it just adds it all up. Which is correct?

It's addition. We changed it at the last minute so that it's easier to destroy things. So, you add L+W+H= damage points

dogui wrote:
Finally, 4- What do you guys recommend to begin? I will be getting both Heroes and Villains, see if I can stir things up down here in Buenos Aires. So, starter sets or going for the cheaper 2 model sets of my choice?

As a starter, I would use fill ins, or proxies, to see what you like. We will be releasing new starters soon with a few adjustments- like Aurelius and an alternate nuke model. The models will work better together and have fewer rules to help you jump into the game.

For the start, since we are releasing the starters differently, I'd buy two different teams, both at level 3. So, buy a level 1 and a level 2.

hope that helps, and glad you got the newer rules!!!

dogui wrote:
Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Your welcome!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Varagon seems to have covered all your questions so I will just say 'Welcome to the city' Dogui.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 37Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am
Welcome to PC many good times await

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 am
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 pm
Thanks for the anwers and the welcomes.

One last thing, since the advice was to get a couple of sets other than the starters. Looking at models far away from the starter set models, adding up to 3 supreme levels, and of course having heroes and villains, I decided on these three of which I'll get two. But wanted your opinions on them as far as any gameplay aspect I'm not seeing (maybe one of the teams will completely deny the other's in ways it would be unplayable, or something of that kind)

The teams are:
Rook & Francis Gator
Tangent & Sister Bedlam
Dr. Mercury & Chronin

Of course the main deciding factor for them all is beautiful models I'd like to paint.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
dogui wrote:
Thanks for the anwers and the welcomes.

One last thing, since the advice was to get a couple of sets other than the starters. Looking at models far away from the starter set models, adding up to 3 supreme levels, and of course having heroes and villains, I decided on these three of which I'll get two. But wanted your opinions on them as far as any gameplay aspect I'm not seeing (maybe one of the teams will completely deny the other's in ways it would be unplayable, or something of that kind)

The teams are:
Rook & Francis Gator
Tangent & Sister Bedlam
Dr. Mercury & Chronin

Of course the main deciding factor for them all is beautiful models I'd like to paint.

Any thoughts?

Hmm. You may not get the game play out of Tangent as you'd hope, as she depends on some situational uses and some good rolls.

I like the Dr. Mercury/Chronin VS Rook and Francis Gator matchup.

When we did demos at Gen Con 2010, we had Iron Train and Androida vs Guerilla and Gentleman (You can't buy them in sets like that though) to illustrate throwing terrain, range with Gentleman, and speed with Androida.

Pulp Citizen will come by and give you more details on your choices if I don't come back with some more information in time (going to go look at the cards).

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM