<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  retheming - balance concerns (allegiance/origin)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 am
MortalPosts: 1Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 am
hi!

first of all: this is a ver fun game, nice job!

i have quiet a few unused marvel and dc figs so i was thinking of retheming some of the characters, i.e. turn pulp city into marvel vs dc

but in order to do so, i would have to change the allegiance of some of the supremes,
some of the former viallains would be fighting along with heros, and some of the sub-factions would be changed (fantastic four, jla anyone?)
furthermore i would have to change the origins to stay true to the characters introduced

so here is my question
given thtat i use a ratio of 1/3 for the origins on both sides (marvel, dc), how likely is it, that a major breakage will occur?
i mean, of curse, there may be some team-ups that are unbalaced, or there may emerge a supreme-resource combo that is too good, but will i face major problems?

or to rephrase this all:
how balanced is pulp city in terms of allegiance/origins?
can i easily change this or will it break the game?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:57 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Welcome to the forum!

Very interesting question... I should admit that I've never tried to modify those myself, but I think I understand some of the theory from the supremes that I've used.

As I see it, there's a fair bit of synergy design when it comes to creation of supremes. This is especially obvious with the Ulthar, Heavy Metal and ARC. Some of those models lose a certain utility when taken in a different team.

As for the hero/villain part, that could get more complicated. There are combinations that might not have been fully tested since it wasn't theoretically possible to pair them up.

What I'd suggest is practice until you have a solid understanding of the supremes as they are. Once you've done that, feel free to experiment a bit.

Most importantly, let us know how it goes!

Afterthought: Check the hobby forum... If you haven't seen them, we already have posts on the Pulp City versions of the Avengers and Watchmen. There both rather impressive and may prove to be a source of inspiration.

Offline Profile