<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Initial thoughts on the latest releases?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:38 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I was wondering what peoples initial thoughts on the latest wave of releases was?

I think all the minis are stunning. My favs have to be Doom Train and Night Fright though. Such detail and very imposing pieces.
Night Fright is much bigger than I expected aswell.

Rules wise I have so far used Doom Train, Night Fright and Green Serpent.
All 3 play very differently. This is just from 1 game though so dont take it too seriously. May have just had 'very' lucky or unlucky dice.

Doom Train was unfortunatly against Iron Train. Because of his team power that made him a little less flexible. He still held his ground and took down the good Train in the end though. Thats no easy feat!

Night Fright is very interesting. With his mount 'Leech' he is very mobile and has lots of interesting tricks with his 'Nightmares'. Definatley a Supreme I want to play about with more. Could be brutal against Mechanical Supremes.

Green Serpent does exactly what she looks like she does. Ninja assassin!
Her Blend helps a huge amount against ranged attacks and even give a bonus against a target Supreme. Riposte felt the wrong end of that bonus.
Good support for the other members of the Jade Cult and perfect at her job.

So, what do you think of them so far?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:58 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I won't know till my Birthday in May LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:08 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I'm not going to have time to try these guys immediately, but I'm in the process of assembling them.

I absolutely love this release. The ninjas are fantastic and I love the fact that we have choice in how to assemble them. My favorite though, has to be Crimson Phoenix. The model has such character!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:33 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Got to agree there.
Just cant decide how to paint him. Got about 4 different schemes in mind

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:39 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Agreed. So many options for him. In my case, I decided to stop stressing about colours and just started painting him. He's mostly done now, and I think he looks rather good, but I realized afterwards that he's now dressed exactly the same as Chimp Chi...

There may be a certain embarasement for them when they get fielded together.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
Agreed. So many options for him. In my case, I decided to stop stressing about colours and just started painting him. He's mostly done now, and I think he looks rather good, but I realized afterwards that he's now dressed exactly the same as Chimp Chi...

Just paint Skyline, Jade Hawk, Sgt. Bale and Chronin to match and you will be fine! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:
cardboardvampire wrote:

Just paint Skyline, Jade Hawk, Sgt. Bale and Chronin to match and you will be fine! :D

Thats going to be one awkward party!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:

That would be awesome... but I'm rather fond of my paintjobs for Jade Hawk and Sgt Bale so I think I'll leave it as is...

I certainly can't wait to get my first official game in using the Way of the Fist.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:22 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
Doom Train has that property also possessed by Khorne Bersekers that you can assemble him so that he looks dumb, dancing, falling, balancing on one toe whatever. I have had a couple of attempts but he still looks odd so I will have to wait & try to get a look at someone else's.

Crimson Oni is the one who is most more-interesting-than-his-rather-ordinary-martial-artist-get-up-would-indicate. He is really nice.

Night Fright is probably the best PC mini. I am just concerned I will not be able to paint it well enough to do it justice. :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:33 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Oh Pickles, you tease LoL!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 pm
Pickles wrote:
Doom Train has that property also possessed by Khorne Bersekers that you can assemble him so that he looks dumb, dancing, falling, balancing on one toe whatever. I have had a couple of attempts but he still looks odd so I will have to wait & try to get a look at someone else's.

Crimson Oni is the one who is most more-interesting-than-his-rather-ordinary-martial-artist-get-up-would-indicate. He is really nice.

Night Fright is probably the best PC mini. I am just concerned I will not be able to paint it well enough to do it justice. :(

I have gone for the stock pose on Doom Train. Seems to look better than anything else I could come up with.
He does look nice next to Iron Train. Even matched bases for them.

How are you planning to do Night Fright? Im going for green and purple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:09 am
hendybadger wrote:
How are you planning to do Night Fright? Im going for green and purple

I would have thought you would have done him all Silvers (think about it)

I reckon I'm going to copy the actual Paint Job!

IMHO its near perfect!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:23 am
I think he's more Green Goblin than Silver Surfer.
Dr Merc will be getting a board soon though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:16 pm
hendybadger wrote:

I agree, but since when have you gone for the "easy" solution LoL!

Actually, he reminds me of Stitches from "Sky High" (but on a sky-board) personally.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
hendybadger wrote:

I agree, but since when have you gone for the "easy" solution LoL!

Actually, he reminds me of Stitches from "Sky High" (but on a sky-board) personally.

Good point. Now you have said that I am tempted. Might have to grab a second box set.
I love Sky high:)