<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Doctor Warlocks Birthday (Drew don't you DARE read this)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 13Location: West Midlands, UKJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm
I'm in the process of planning a big-ish order (around £100) for Drew (Doctor Warlock for those who don't know him well) Pulp City Order.

As some of you might be aware he's had a HORRIBLE time the last few years, his Mother passed away from Parkinsons Disease and now he's the primary carer for his Dad (with zero help from the Government and little or no help from his side of the Family).

As its his 50th Birthday this year, I wanted to plan something a bit special (it's especially important as his gift to me for my Birthday was so amazing) and the "catch-up" order on Pulp City is only a part of it.

I'm TRYING to track down a Red Baron and a June Summers - A HUGE task I know (I've been reading this Forum and peoples Blogs for a while now).

I have to say I haven't seen Drew as happy as he has been in a long time hobby wise (no work for other people to do, no proofing or armies to paint etc) all he has had to do recently is potter about with his Pulp City miniatures (he's even got a few people into the game of late too) he has much more fun with his "Supremes" (yes, I have read the rules) than with any other miniatures/game - and I know from his chats on Facebook/the Forum/his Blog - the Red Baron is his Holy Grail and June Summers is a close second.

So ANY HELP you can give me would be really REALLY appreciated.

Loads of Hugs - Linda x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:56 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Linda,
I would definately send a message to Maciej, if anyone can help you find those items, it would be him. Those are on my list as well and I know by chatting with him on Facebook and here that we share a huge passion for this game. I will definately look for you, but as I have been searching for years, I will probably not be of much help.

send an e-mail to Maciej or message him on Facebook and see what he has to say.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:15 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 13Location: West Midlands, UKJoined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm
Yes, emailed him - the store - Leon - LOADS of people LoL!

If you are the Guy who he's doing the other Red Baron conversion for - you're in for a treat, it's looking good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Yup, that would be me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:20 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I have been trawling forums and such for a June but if I do come across one I will let you know first.
Not long been in touch with Drew but over the last few weeks I have found out he is a great chap and would love to help out where I can.
I will get my wife involved aswell as she is great at finding things. Found me a Baron for my birthday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 pm
He's taken his Dad out to the Clinic so I'm free to answer now!

hendybadger wrote:
I have been trawling forums and such for a June but if I do come across one I will let you know first.

Awww, thanks sweet!

hendybadger wrote:
Not long been in touch with Drew but over the last few weeks I have found out he is a great chap and would love to help out where I can.

I like to think so, but then I am biased, he's mantioned you actually (you Leon and Ron have been "babbled" about the most. Oh, and someone named Devon.

hendybadger wrote:
I will get my wife involved aswell as she is great at finding things. Found me a Baron for my birthday.

A BIG thanks to her too!

I'm hoping I can sort something special!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Babbled about, is that a good thing? :)

Send Mrs Badger a PM on here and she will see if she can help

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:09 pm
Babbled in a good way!

OK, will do?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 pm
I sent an e-mail to the sculptor, but haven't heard back as of yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 pm
BRILLIANT!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
I just gotta say, I love this community. It's very, very cool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 pm
Well, I got a response from the sculpter and here is what he said:

Hi Ron,

I'm really sorry but this mini is not available. It's an old mini and I'm not satisfied by the result so I never cast it.

Cheers,
Gael

I guess there really were only so many cast by Pulp Monsters. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 pm
Thanks for trying Ron :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:09 pm
I would say that if Maciej can't come up with one that chance are very slim.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 pm
It's not the end of the world, Drew doesn't know I'm trying for a Baron so its my dissapointment not his.