<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Who would you like to add to Pulp City?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
If you could add a character to Pulp City from any TV show, movie or comic, who would it be?

For me it would have to be Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf.
I think he would be a great fit in PC!

I would also love to see The Doctor. Im sure he would end up appearing in the city at some point in time.

What about you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:02 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I just mentioned this on FB - mine is ACTUALLY not a person, but rather a situation!

I was talking to Devon a (longish) while ago about some scenario ideas I had.

I want Pulp City to have its own Secret Wars

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:14 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
What's the Secret Wars?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
D-U-H-U-D-E!

YOU'VE NEVER READ THE WARS! I am more of a DC than Marvel fan (as everyone knows), but Secret Wars is IMMENSE!

Secret Wars was a twelve-issue comic book crossover series released between May 1984 to April 1985 by Marvel - in the US it was a regular sized Comic, in the UK it was released in the larger format (as I mentioned on FB you can get the Omnibus on Amazon for around £12).

WITHOUT giving up too many Spoilers -

The "entity" known as the Beyonder is watching Earth and is fascinated by the heroes and their potential, so the Beyonder picks a group of both heroes and villains and teleports them against their will to "Battleworld", a planet created by the Beyonder by the sheer force of his will.

The planet has also been stocked with alien weapons and technology. Upon the Heroes arrival he Beyonder then declares: "I am from beyond! Slay your enemies and all that you desire shall be yours! Nothing you dream of is impossible for me to accomplish!"

The heroes consist of the Avengers (Captain America, Captain Marvel II, Hawkeye, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Thor, the Wasp); three members of the Fantastic Four (Human Torch, Mister Fantastic and Thing); Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and the Hulk; and the X-Men (Colossus, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine and Lockheed the Dragon). Magneto is originally there as a hero, but becomes non-aligned when the Avengers question his presence.

The villains - Absorbing Man, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, the Enchantress, Kang the Conqueror, Klaw, the Lizard, Molecule Man, Titania, Ultron, Volcana, and the Wrecking Crew. The cosmic entity Galactus also appears as a villain who immediately becomes a non-aligned.

Naturally fun and conflict ensues aplenty!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
hendybadger wrote:
If you could add a character to Pulp City from any TV show, movie or comic, who would it be?

On FB I gave my answer as Jack Staff; I love the comic and the character even if the sensibilities don't really line up with Pulp City.

In a more Pulp City vein either Shadowman (VALIANT Comics) or Night Man (Malibu-Ultraverse, also a TV show).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
hendybadger wrote:

While it may not be a flashy choice, I'm a huge hellblazer fan (the comic, not that terrible film) and I'd love to see John Constantine on the table.

Sure he's not much use in a fight against a supreme, but I'm sure he'd at least be able to walk up to Solar, give him the finger andloudly proclaim that spandex hasn't been cool since the 80s...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:18 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
D-U-H-U-D-E!

YOU'VE NEVER READ THE WARS! I am more of a DC than Marvel fan (as everyone knows), but Secret Wars is IMMENSE!

Secret Wars was a twelve-issue comic book crossover series released between May 1984 to April 1985 by Marvel - in the US it was a regular sized Comic, in the UK it was released in the larger format (as I mentioned on FB you can get the Omnibus on Amazon for around £12).

WITHOUT giving up too many Spoilers -

The "entity" known as the Beyonder is watching Earth and is fascinated by the heroes and their potential, so the Beyonder picks a group of both heroes and villains and teleports them against their will to "Battleworld", a planet created by the Beyonder by the sheer force of his will.

The planet has also been stocked with alien weapons and technology. Upon the Heroes arrival he Beyonder then declares: "I am from beyond! Slay your enemies and all that you desire shall be yours! Nothing you dream of is impossible for me to accomplish!"

The heroes consist of the Avengers (Captain America, Captain Marvel II, Hawkeye, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Thor, the Wasp); three members of the Fantastic Four (Human Torch, Mister Fantastic and Thing); Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and the Hulk; and the X-Men (Colossus, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine and Lockheed the Dragon). Magneto is originally there as a hero, but becomes non-aligned when the Avengers question his presence.

The villains - Absorbing Man, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, the Enchantress, Kang the Conqueror, Klaw, the Lizard, Molecule Man, Titania, Ultron, Volcana, and the Wrecking Crew. The cosmic entity Galactus also appears as a villain who immediately becomes a non-aligned.

Naturally fun and conflict ensues aplenty!

Ok Im sold. Grabbed the 1984 and 2004 series

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:22 pm
It's a HELL of a setup - I love it!

One of the things I've been working on is a Pulp City "Secret Wars" - but doing it as a global campaign.

People would register and play games, return the results to give a worldwide result of who is stronger in Pulp City - Heroes or Villains!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:00 pm
Reading the original now.
A worldwide campaign sounds great fun!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 pm
hendybadger wrote:
Reading the original now.

Ooh, Ooh - where have you got to!

hendybadger wrote:
A worldwide campaign sounds great fun!

I think so, with Facebook, various forums and blogs I am sure we could get a great number of people interested too!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:35 pm
Wasp has just woken up in Magentos fortress

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 pm
hendybadger wrote:
Wasp has just woken up in Magentos fortress

:D

Are you enjoying it?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 am
Its quite good.
I do like how in the older comics the heros have to describe to each other what people are doing and how they are doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:42 am
Newer titles can be kinda simplistic, thats why I'm enjoing DC's "New 52" - they are very "Old School".

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:38 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
People would register and play games, return the results to give a worldwide result of who is stronger in Pulp City - Heroes or Villains!

Man, why would you want to make the Heroes cry like that? It'd be so sad...

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW