<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Pulp City on Vassal?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:41 pm
SidekickPosts: 59Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Hello,

I am not sure who might be familiar with the system, but Vassal is a free to download construct for the computer. With this, you can play a variety of table top skirmish/miniature games, as long as you have the right people to program in the sprites and what not. I have been enjoying a few games of warmachine/hordes on there and I was curious to see if there is any interest in Pulp City joining the system?

I only ask because it seems like this board contains a lot of people from around the world, and it would give a chance for people to meet and play the game, if they can't find anyone in their area to do it (like myself.. who has the entire range plus a ton of extra figures, but no one in my gaming group seems interested).

James

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:51 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I'm no good at programming but would definitely be up for playing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I'd play too!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:37 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
I'd give it a shot.

We need artwork for the models as well as terrain to load up to the program.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 am
Well, the terrain would not be too much of an issue, as many of the other programs have the necessary artwork. It would just require contacting the authors to ask permission.

As far as the models. Just to see if there is interest, you could start with just bases and go from there. I wish I was a graphic designer. But, I might ask some friends if they know of any.

Just wanted to throw it out there to gauge interest and make sure it was ok, incase I found someone to do it.

James

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:28 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
mastermind wrote:
Well, the terrain would not be too much of an issue, as many of the other programs have the necessary artwork. It would just require contacting the authors to ask permission.

As far as the models. Just to see if there is interest, you could start with just bases and go from there. I wish I was a graphic designer. But, I might ask some friends if they know of any.

Just wanted to throw it out there to gauge interest and make sure it was ok, incase I found someone to do it.

James

I asked about 1.5 years ago, and Morf said to go for it if we could find people willing to help get it going.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:35 am
Awesome, good to know. I will ask around for any graphic designers to see if they can translate this fantastic artwork into lil tabletop models for vassal.

The coding itself does not look that bad at all. I have been looking over the documentation and should be easy to do. The hard part will be making it look pretty.

I will try to keep you all updated.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:04 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I might be talked into it. I just need a list of what you want done, ie actual mini top view or just a circle with the artwork in it? I also have Dundjini and Fat Dragon Games stuff and if I can possible find the time do a few street maps as well. Just need to know what format you need them in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 pm
Oh awesome! I contacted a friend of mine, who is an art major, to see if she or anyone she knows would be interested. I am mainly looking to do a top down view of the models (I think it adds a bit of realism to the game).

The map idea you have is solid. Like I said, I will keep you guys in the loop. And I appreciate your offer!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:53 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Okee Dokee