<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Newbie questions

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:12 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I don't see the "issue" with the Gemini Twins personally, plus if he's sticking to a Level 4 team - Sagittarius is straightforward enough to make things easier.

HOWEVER upon saying that, thats why I recommended the starter sets - as the Supremes in them are amongst the easiest to use.

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:50 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
varagon wrote:
One key thing, and I can NOT stress this enough, play with agendas and plots. If you do a the "I'm going to destroy" your team type of game, it will not be as fun. I never, ever, demo or talk about the game without including the plots and agendas for players.

I agree 100%. Agendas and plots are necesary to keep things interesting.

Doctor-Warlock wrote:
I don't see the "issue" with the Gemini Twins personally, plus if he's sticking to a Level 4 team - Sagittarius is straightforward enough to make things easier.

Well, Sagittarius is great, he really is, but that team would mean you have no melee presence. That means no throwing objects and no one to really hold your front line in combat. If you get someone like Iron Train right in your line and you'll have some challenges. It's certainly not impossible but it's not the easiest way to learn the game.

I can't remember who said it in the forums... but one of the best pieces of advice I was given when demoing is always include one solid beatstick level 2 to center your team and I think that's true for learning the game as well.

Now, to be clear, I'm not saying don't buy that box and learn with it. I'm just saying there may be easier ways to do it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:02 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
As he's "on a budget" the Ulthar box is attractive - and as he'll be picking the other side as well - he can steer clear of level two heavy hitters.

If Money was no problem, the starter sets (again) would be the way to go - another option might be to pick from the twin packs (a level 2 and a level 1) and go from there.

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW