<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Revamped Supremes - your reflections on the current line-up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:39 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Obviously things are developing, and that could mean some changes to some favourite and even overlooked Supremes.

I am sure anyone and everyone who plays Pulp City has their favourites and those Supremes they struggle to use and so leave on the shelf.

Without getting into rewriting individual Actions (we have that covered!), in more general terms what changes would you like? Who is maybe a ittle too powerful or too hard to use and why? Who needs a little attention and a buff? Who is so buffed already they could do with a de-buff?

And most importantly say why you feel that way. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:27 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
So, let me start off with something that should be obvious, all this is purely opinion. That said, I'd like to think that it's at least a somewhat informed opinion.

Hoodoo - One of my favorite models and part of my favorite team. Let me start by saying that I'll keep using her regardless, but I think it would be useful to tweak her a bit. Blood watch has 3 level 1 support supremes and I think it would pay to make her a little more offensive, even at the cost of one of the best defensive powers in the game. She may be of a little more use as a ranged attacker to better compliment the team.

The Gemini Twins - Great models, great concept, but not always effective. Maybe it's just me, but I find that Y is almost better off fielded on his own. I should point out though, Ulthar are the faction I'm least familiar with.

Mourn - Mourn excels at one particular thing, and in very specific situations he does it really well. That said, it may be worth de-specializing him slightly for the sake of easier use.

Silverager - Right now, due to rule complications, he'll spend most of his actions on spinebreaker. It would be nice to see a little more variety which would mean a modification to Apecraft.

Irontrain - With the rules update he got, is it possible that (and I know he's the archetypical tank) he may be a little *too* tough?

Trail - I almost didn't put him on the list... Every time I field him, I'm super pleased with his performance. He has never once disapointed me on the table. That said, I know others have not had the same experiences as me. He might benefit from some kind of tweak but I would hope that if such a thing happened, his basic flavour would remain the same.

Update: Just wanted to clarify my point regarding hoodoo and the blood watch. Currently, most teams have a combination of attacker and support supremes. Blood watch has Blood Rose who is definitely support but absolutely incredible at it, Moonchild who offers a very broad range of support options, and hoodoo who has two offensive powers (only 1 of which is really useful) and the what is probably the best defensive power in the game. What that means is that, unlike other teams, it feels like blood watch has to disproporionately depend on their level 2s to do all the damage. Changing hoodoo into a more dedicated ranged attacker (like vector, gentleman, lady cyburn, howler) might do the team some good.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
My first choice would be Trail.
I love using him but when ever I do he just feels like a strong Lvl1 and not quite Lvl2 standard.
Maybe an offensive buff of some sort?
Something to make him stand out against all the other Lvl2s that always get chosen first