<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Thoughts on my first game...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 pm
MortalPosts: 4Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 pm
Well, I have managed to get in my first game of Pulp City. I played against my wife for this first game, bless her heart. I am an avid table top player, while she tolerates my spending habits.

We played a small game, encounter level 4.

She played Heroes (Solar, Androida, and Red Riding Hoodo)
I played Villians (Hellsmith, Twilight, and Gentleman)

Even though it was a small game, with only models from the starter box, it took about 3 hours. Acceptable though, as I was teaching the rules to my non gamer wife. The games will get much more time reasonable when I dont have to teach basics.

I am glad I took the time to teach though. We had lots of fun, and are going to try again with a level 5 encounter next. My wife even picked her own army for this one...

There was plenty of strategy and depth for me as a long time player of other table top games (20+ yrs), but yet a strong and simple foundation that a novice could pick up on quickly and easily. My wife was determining her own roles just after a couple rounds of combat. Im impressed with the design of this game, and very much appreciate the thought and effort that went into it.

Im glad to have found this game, and Im glad Im hooked. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:17 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Glad you had fun and that's the most important thing. There are plenty of knowledgeable folks here so please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

And welcome to the addiction that is Pulp City!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Just like Bubba says, this is a great friendly and helpful forum for any questions or even ideas you might have.

And welcome to the City

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I'd like to add to the welcomes and hope we see you again on the Forum soon!