<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Leaving the City

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 pm
SidekickPosts: 59Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm
It really saddens me to do this, but I am leaving the game. I love the concept, but there is no one in my area that is interested in the game. I have tried to set up demos, but I don't find anyone that is interested in learning the game.

As such, I am planning on getting rid of my collection. I am not sure where else this is supposed to be posted. If you have any interest, please message me. I have an extensive number of the minis made by this great company, as well as some that are used as minions, henchmen, etc etc.

Thanks,
James

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Sorry to hear it...

If you can afford to wait a bit, maybe hold on to your models a little longer. With the monster rules coming and the new rules in the future, there may be increased interest in the game in your area.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:41 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I would say hang in there. The new rules are going to make the game a LOT more accessable and a new release structure and website we're planning on making a "come back"? Or just really getting the game back in the running.

If you have to go you have to go, I understand. Just hate to see anyone leave. As CBV has said if you can, hang on to what you have a bit longer. Otherwise I'd like to wish you the best. I'm sure I'll see you on another forum someplace. You are always welcome in Pulp City. :SPT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
I feel your pain, bro. I'm in the same boat. I enjoyed the game, but never really could interest anyone else in it. And now Infinity has become the new hotness, so I don't think I'll be back into it for a while. Might have a look at the new rules, but really, there's not much holding me here.

I was really looking forward to the Monster rules... last year. It was nearly a year ago that they were announced. I understand the real life issues, etc., but it's been a really long time in Shiny-Newness terms.

I was also really looking forward to seeing M.E.T.E.O.R. and Paper, Scissors and Rock too. But that was three years ago in a month that that competition was finished, so not much hope there either.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
mastermind and Cilionelle, I do hope you both reconsider.

With the upcoming regular release schedule I honestly think the game is about to get a massive shot in the arm, which will be sustained and will culminate in a new, hopefully slicker new-gamer-friendly rules set. :D

Meanwhile, big thanks to Cilionelle for those card files that I did my own Minion, Resources and Supreme cards with. Cheers. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
See, that's the thing. I don't really think the game needed a slicker, shinier rule set. I only got the book a little while ago... Seems like it's come around very quickly for a young game. And it's not that I want to leave, but all I'm doing at the moment is tracking changes, not playing and enjoying games with friends.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:31 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
What do you mean by tracking changes?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 pm
New sculpts, new rules rumours, new minis (occasionally). And that's it. Essentially the opposite of why I play games, which is to hang out with friends. I've also stopped following AE:WWII, which I loved, and even Warmachine and Hordes. It's a matter of time and impetus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Thats down to the player then I guess.
We love getting peaks at whats to come. Keeps the game moving for me knowing there is always something to look forward to.
I dropped Legends of the High Seas and Cutlass due to no news, add ons or minis.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
hendybadger wrote:
Thats down to the player then I guess.
We love getting peaks at whats to come. Keeps the game moving for me knowing there is always something to look forward to.
I dropped Legends of the High Seas and Cutlass due to no news, add ons or minis.

Yeah, I go both ways on this... kinda gave up on Rezolution because it was totally stagnant while they developed the hell outta Warlands...

But at the same time, the reasons I more or less gave up on 40k and D&D etc is because it seems like every time I get caught up buying books and/or minis they turn around and re-write the game and make you start over. All these minis are no longer valid, heres dozens of new ones you NEED to be valid, oh and by the way, that 50.00 rulebook is a dustcatcher now.

I'm interested to see where PC goes, but having just obtained a HC rulebook less than a year ago, and buying the hell outta minis and getting the cards all laminated and stuff... I'm a bit miffed that I have to start all over again, I feel like I wasted some cash since I'll have to get all new ones. I stopped ordering minis when I found out all the cards and some sculpts were being replaced. You may also recall that I was lamenting the lack of players and support for the game in my area and considering calling it quits on the game too... now I'm certainly not going to make a big push into getting my friends to try the game; I don't want to waste my time teaching them the system, which is gonna change in 2-3 months. (Ok, 6-10 if we are interpreting Pulp Monsters Time, hehe)

That said, I'm just going to Bide my time, I think PC is a great system as it is, I like the world that PM has created, and I'm hoping it just gets better.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:13 am
MortalPosts: 13Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 pm
I have to agree with LabApe. I teached my friends how to play with the old download-rules. Luckily I got hands on the very nice printed (new) rulebook a little later, teached the second variation of the system. That was about 4 months ago.

Last week I told my friends, that a completely new 3rd version is coming up the next few weeks - with new cards.

Now they all seem to be some kind of bugged out and tired. We decided not to play the old game til the new rules come up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to the easier and faster rules, but on the other hand, I totally understand my friends. The game stagnates at that moment. :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:06 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
To Labape and goya: there are miniatures still coming under the current edition; that is the edition that is published and is still free to download. I would argue that this suggests the game is not stagnated as we will see Coven, Blood watch, ARC and Jade Cult all able to field EL 12+ games with their own L3 Supremes :)

The new edition will be open beta, probably end of 2012, beginning of 2013. So it is not imminent, but soon.

That will still be part of the development process, so I would not expect it to be published before summer 2013. That is not a confirmation - but simply a guess.

The point is that in the life-span of most games if they sustain, they need to be renewed and inevitably there will be crossover between one edition and the next. We will be looking at around 3+ years between published editions, possibly more, and around 6 years into the life-span of the game

The large majority of sculpts will be retained, there are just a few being updated/replaced, and even then you/our old models are still viable. just because of the new Solar sculpt arriving does not mean I cannot use the old one for example. new cards will be available for the line and i believe we will have the jpeg files like we have on the tactics section allowing access to them that way. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:23 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:
To Labape and goya: there are miniatures still coming under the current edition; that is the edition that is published and is still free to download.

I get that... I just don't wanna buy them then have to buy/print replacement cards at an additional cost. I'd rather wait for them to have the correct cards before I buy them, especially since I have to replace everything else already.

Offline Profile