<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Pulp City Supreme Edition

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:05 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
The Supreme Edition should be available for Open Beta version next month, so keep checking here, on FB or the Pulp Monsters web-site for details.

This will be the basic revised rules after play-testing etc, but is not the next book - it is simply the Open Beta rules document; there will be lots of nice layout and formatting for that.

All you favorite Supremes have been painstakingly converted to the new SE edition and we are very happy with how we feel the SE version of the game plays.

Stay tuned guys!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Location: Montréal, PQJoined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm
Hi, new player here !

I just received my models today.

My level 8 team is composed of :
- Riposte + Arquero
- Apebpt + Virus
- Trail

In the Supreme rule you mention «Leaders». How can I tell if a model is a leader ?

Tx in advance for the help.

Marc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:07 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Welcome aboard Marc C! Nice to have you here in Pulp City.

Leaders are Level 3 Team Leaders. Leader would be listed as the Role on the new cards. Bear in mind if you just got your minis the cards you have are the older 1st edition cards. It'll give you a good idea of who and what the minis are but you'll really want to print out the Supreme Edition Cards and use those. We'll be making SE card available later in the year once we have finalized some things. In fact keep an eye out in the coming weeks I think you'll be seeing some changes to the SE profiles.

To better answer your question here is a list of Leaders we know of at the moment:

The current list is:

-Dead Eye

-Mysterious Man

-Dr. Tenebrious

-C.O.R.E.

-Dark Solar

-Green Emperor (coming soon!)

-V.H. (coming soon!)

-Papa Zombie (coming soon!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:10 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Location: Montréal, PQJoined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm
Ok. I will downloadl the new stuff.

Is the Leader optional? Or MUST i include one?
Unfortunetly none of the models I bought is a Leader.

MARC C

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:52 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Hi Marc,

No, leaders are not mandatory. You can build your team any way you want in terms of roles.*

The only restrictions are the H/V and the point limit. If you want an entire team of infiltrators, you can do it. If you want an entire team of blasters, you can do it.

:) Both of those are very bad ideas, but the rules allow it.

* You're restricted to a maximum of one leader per team and one powerhouse per team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
Hi Marc,

No, leaders are not mandatory. You can build your team any way you want in terms of roles.*

The only restrictions are the H/V and the point limit. If you want an entire team of infiltrators, you can do it. If you want an entire team of blasters, you can do it.

:) Both of those are very bad ideas, but the rules allow it.

* You're restricted to a maximum of one leader per team and one powerhouse per team.

Good news !!! :MND :D

Can't wait to play my first game. Its good to have someone I my hometown who knows the game.

Cheers!
MARC C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:01 am
Played my first game today thanks to cardboardvampire. A real gentlemen who supplied both crews, scenery and patience. I managed to score a win thanks to sound strategy and a few good rolls. One of them being a triple six on three die...

As a veteran war gamer I'm impressed with this system. Its simple (as in easy to learn) yet its got depth thanks to the fatigue, action points, actions and SFXs. This game now ranks second in my top 5 war-games.

1) Infinity
2) Pulp City / Dark Age - ex aequo
3) Helldorado
4) Freebooter's Fate

I'll certainly actively promote this game at our local gaming store.
More need to play !

MARC C

A few pics :

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Glad you enjoyed Marc (and welcome aboard BTW)! :)

What we are hoping for with SE is that it is accessible to new players as well as the existing fans of the game, and feedback like this helps reassure us, so thanks for the kind comments. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Welcome to the city and glad you are enjoying the game.
It only gets better the more you play!

Loving the flame head on Ace btw.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
hendybadger wrote:
Loving the flame head on Ace btw.

Thanks! I was never quite happy with his dfault head, so I figured I'd make it a little more interesting.

It was a great game. Marc picked it up nice and quick. ARC's bounding and mobility were well used and Howler's staredown meant that Marc was able to control where and when the fights occured. Very fun game.

Offline Profile