<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Pulp City SE in book form - how would you like it to be?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
As we gear up to publish the new Pulp City SE sometime this year, what size and format option would fans like? Hardback or softcover? Larger or smaller size books? What works for you as a gamer, a fan or a casual reader? Let us know!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:28 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:28 pm
2 different books :

- a hardcover and larger size book for a nice object and a collection in my library. In this book, rules, background, etc. All informations of the Pulp City universe.
- a softcover and smaller size book for seeing rules in a game quickly. In this book, only the rules.

I think, in a first time, the most important is the second book (softcover with only the rules) because Pulp City is a game first and we need it for playing. And I suppose the price is smaller too (so more people can buy it : the casual gamer, the fan and the hard gamer). And other information (background, etc) can be seen on the Pulp City site.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
Hardcover, sized like the old book. That seems to be pretty standard for RPG and Miniature rulebooks, and I have always preferred them in hardcover. Perhaps a PDF version to use on my Smartphone as a reference guide durring games... not that the new rules need a lot of "looking back at" durring gameplay.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:07 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Cool.

This is a question we are asking here and on the FB page to garner as much feedback to make the best decision possible. While everyone will have unique preferences, we hope we can be guided to the most preferable decision for the whole. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:27 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Definitely ebook format! :)

I haven't purchased physical books for a few years now and strangely enough it seems like tabletop miniature companies are some of the last to catch up to the goodness that are ebooks. You can still offer a physical book of some description to those that want one (even if my opinion is they are easily damaged, static and not easily updated with errata, consume unnecessary resources and are an indulgence given the quality and value of current day readers/tablet pcs ;)).

But yeah, I definitely purchase an ebook copy! :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:53 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
My vote would be for an A4 hardback like the PC Guide.
Love that type of book as I like to have something physical and struggle with reading screens for too long.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
:) I just want something well bound...

Full colour art would be nice, as would be some fluff.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:38 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
Some sort of ebook and better binding than the last hardcover version.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:51 pm
Consider ebook 99% certainty alongside the physical book.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:53 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I just wanted to add something... The previous edition of the rules wasn't cheap, but it was a beautifully made book. It really grabbed attention and the book helped sell the game because of the quality. It would be nice to really have that same quality again in terms of the visuals and the design.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:16 pm
MortalPosts: 48Location: Plymouth, EnglandJoined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 pm
A4 hardback please, preferably with all the hero backgrounds included. PDF download would also be useful for the ipad. I totally agree with cardboard vampire re the quality aspect. Lots of glossy colour pictures and loads of world background too please. I believe that the vibrant ,interesting backstorynis the main thing to attract people to Pulp City.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:21 am
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
The Pulp City Guide was very good
Hardcover and Din A 4

And please this time a better binding!

Offline Profile