<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Salute 2014...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:16 am
MortalPosts: 9Location: tauntonJoined: Sun May 06, 2012 7:00 pm
Does anyone know of pulp monster will be at salute this year ??? (2014)
. If so will the new cards and rule book be out on sale at the show ?
Cheers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
starrchild81 wrote:
Does anyone know of pulp monster will be at salute this year ??? (2014)
. If so will the new cards and rule book be out on sale at the show ?
Cheers

Hi Starrchild, sorry for the delay in replying. :)

We won't be there this year, but this is simply as Salute falls before our planned delivery date for the Kickstarter.

The KS is planned to conclude at the end of February and our delivery date will be several months later.

The cards update will be an add-on of we hit a very early stretch goal. The target will be modest as this is primarily about the edition update. Updating over 100 cards is a pretty involved task. The new cards are planned to be available at a very reasonable price. We feel they are very gamer friendly in design and content, so we hope you like them. I think you tried the prototypes last year? :)

If we go beyond that stretch goal, we are looking at expanding the line (more Grimm, more big guy).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:24 am
Thank you for letting me know . I'll defo check the kick stater out soon as it's up and running knowing me I'll go for the new starters and cards . Yeah I played the prototype last year it was great fun , a handful of my club members have been playing the beta and have enjoyed it , just looking forword to the new rule book and cards , cheers for now see ya all soon
Starrchild81

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:04 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
starrchild81 wrote:
Thank you for letting me know . I'll defo check the kick stater out soon as it's up and running knowing me I'll go for the new starters and cards .

We will have fuller announcements as we get nearer to launch date.

Quote:
Yeah I played the prototype last year it was great fun , a handful of my club members have been playing the beta and have enjoyed it , just looking forword to the new rule book and cards , cheers for now see ya all soon
Starrchild81

Thanks. We have been able to use the past year to refine things further, so even while the open beta version is recognizable, there are some features we think will be a lot tighter. Add to that some of the Supremes have been refined and have evolved based on the welcome feedback we have had.

From the initial conversation about improving the game to Kickstarter launch it will have been over 2 years, and there has been development through all of that process, which we hope will be reflected in a cool and engaging game of blockbuster skirmish action. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:04 pm
I need to clarify re: cards ( :oops: ), they will; be part of the core project goal, it is Leader cards (bonus options for Leaders that can be used to add AP, Heal etc. as one-off effects, or that modify your Team recruitment to create cool team-ups) that will be a stretch goal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:57 pm
Will the character cards for each model be out on kickstarter also ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:01 pm
starrchild81 wrote:
Will the character cards for each model be out on kickstarter also ??

They will. :)

Not as singles for the KS though.