<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Kickstarter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:54 pm
MortalPosts: 48Location: Plymouth, EnglandJoined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 pm
I can't wait for September either! During the kickstarter a link was provided to a file with most of the stats for the upcoming Supremes. This included a column headed "action points/powerhouse points". Anyone know what powerhouse points are and how they work. Just wondering as the latest KS newsletter says a new stat list is coming next week "so we can have a chance to try the new supremes". I guess that would be with the rules we playtested ,but it would be good to include whatever fix was done for Powerhouses.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:08 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Because a Powerhouse doesn't generate AP like other Supremes we added in Power Up Dice. So a Powerhouse will generate a number of Power Up Dice each round instead of AP. This lets them roll a LOT more dice for attacks, or defense as you choose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:34 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Because a Powerhouse doesn't generate AP like other Supremes we added in Power Up Dice. So a Powerhouse will generate a number of Power Up Dice each round instead of AP. This lets them roll a LOT more dice for attacks, or defense as you choose.

But you will definitely want to run a Support character with them, and maybe even an extra one, since they will be eating up your action points, but not contributing to the pool at the start of the turn.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:14 pm
MortalPosts: 48Location: Plymouth, EnglandJoined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. I was kinda hoping these would be personal APs that the powerhouse could only use himself, to get round the situation where if you take out the others on his team the powerhouse is helpless. This was my only gripe with the beta test rules,which were otherwise excellent.I guess he is just going to have to make sure he protects his teammates

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:04 am
SidekickPosts: 59Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Any chance you could pass along this link? The only cards I have right now are from the open beta (and it seems like the cards you mention are different, since they have powerhouse dice).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:54 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
mastermind wrote:
Any chance you could pass along this link? The only cards I have right now are from the open beta (and it seems like the cards you mention are different, since they have powerhouse dice).

Keep an eye out for next week's update. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:42 pm
SidekickPosts: 59Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Yeah I know, I saw that in the update and I am very excited. I was just hoping to get whatever document was mentioned today (as this is the gaming day at my local store and we, generally, try to play a game or two of Pulp City).

Oh well, patience is a virtue, right?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:52 pm
MortalPosts: 20Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:03 pm
cyberkins wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I was kinda hoping these would be personal APs that the powerhouse could only use himself, to get round the situation where if you take out the others on his team the powerhouse is helpless. This was my only gripe with the beta test rules,which were otherwise excellent.I guess he is just going to have to make sure he protects his teammates

The ability to trump on 4+ with a pile of dice is worth the trade-off.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:20 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I agree entirely, even without AP+, powerhouses are still fantastic.

Not to mention, powerhouses are so durable that you don't usually want to take them on directly, if you can avoid it. Going after the support supremes, assuming there's no tank present, is definitely the way to go.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:00 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Hello guys,

yesterday I've received my kickstarter. It was so exciting :D
In the box were minis, cards and the new rulebook.
Because of the cool content I'd like to thank the Pulp-Monster team!
- Thanks for the new rulebook. Because of the great design, colourfull pages and the orderes structure you have created a modern book! It was pure fun to read!
- Thanks for the new minis. You have managed to keep the quality of the minis high. The minis are so sharp, really extremly detailled and undescribable cool!
- Thanks for the cards. The structure and the look is much better and really clearly arranged.

I'm so happy to take part in the kickstarter!

You did a really good job! Well done!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Thanks for the praise Trokar. We're really glad you like it. This was an amazingly ambitious project for us and we are pleased with the results.

Now we need to spread the word to the unenlightened and make Pulp City the game we always hoped it would be. That's where you guys come in. So get building, painting and playing. Tell your friends and local clubs. Tell your FLGS that Pulp City is THE skirmish game.

:MND :STR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Totally echoing what Devon says. :)

This has been a creatively rewarding and challenging process as we set out to reinvigorate the game and line. In hindsight it was an incredibly ambitious project, but despite that, hearing that backers are getting their rewards is the coolest thing. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:17 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Now that I have the kickstarter box, I have realised, that I need the new cards for the Supremes.
Is a date fixed when the new cards will be available in the shop??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 pm
Trokar wrote:
Now that I have the kickstarter box, I have realised, that I need the new cards for the Supremes.
Is a date fixed when the new cards will be available in the shop??

Once the last of the packages are out we look to re-stock the shop. PM me later in the week (before Saturday) and I will try and discuss the time frame with Maciej and Devon next weekend. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:35 am
MortalPosts: 3Location: RuhrgebietJoined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 pm
Hi,

AS someone who has completly missed the kickstarter: are you planning to provide the new rules as an PDF to the public?

When can i buy the new rules and the cards for the old miniatures?

Is it still possible to support the kickstarter even it has ended?

Greetings
Shizou

Offline Profile