<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  got my parcel today!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:31 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Hi there, just wanted to say a big thanks to the PM team! Got my parcel delivered today to my door, and thru my flu-induced haze was able to open it up and there was much rejoicing.

Pros: Amok looks amazing. The starters are great. Love the layout of the book. The monster rules are a great inclusion and I can see my gaming group having 4 Lvl3 teams (working from a common AP pool) go up against the beasts.
Cons: 'Blockbuster' is spelt wrong on the side of the book. Ba-boom's barrel is ridiculously thin, as is the join between one of the Ankle Biters' legs. The tabs under the minis to insert them into the bases are quite large, too large to fit easily. There's a lack of generic minions... like cops and robbers, in the cards. It would've been great to have some to add flavour to the city other than just the Exclusives and the weird ones.

Those are minor complaints though for what is a great product. Both my son (a.k.a. Birdboy) and I are eager to try it out.

PS: he wants to make the suggestion that there should be a Great White Shark supreme who can take Ankle Biters for free...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Thanks for the kind words. Generic Minions are something we have considered and could look at, but would need sufficient demand for us to do that. :)

In the mean-time we look forward to seeing your and bird-boy's efforts. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:31 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Is there any chance of getting some unofficial stats for cops and thugs, much like in the last iteration of the rules? They don't have to be on cards or anything. It's just that I do have five cops (two teams of two and a cop Sgt?) and four thugs in my collection, bought specifically for Pulp City...

In other news, all my PC stuff is appropriately based as of today, and undercoated. So there's a chance I will be playing a Lvl 3 or 4 game soon to test things out. I also have some lovely monsters who are itching for the opportunity to destroy apartments in the inner PC suburbs!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:37 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
We are working on an expansion which will allow you to build your own Minions, Monsters and even Supremes (including Cops), so hopefully that will satisfy the needs of gamers wanting to add more variety to the rich array of options for Pulp City. It will take some time for us to produce though, so please bear with us. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:24 pm
Sounds good. I knew the Minion, Supreme, Monster Maker was in the works, and it sounds great! However, it still leaves me with a bunch of minion minis I can't use. So I did some homebrewing, and would love to hear thoughts on these. Where do they do okay? Where do they need work?

Cheers!

Cops (2 per card)
Lvl 2 Minion
Living, Sprint 4
HP □□, □□
:STR 2
:DEF 3
:ENG 3
:AGL 2
:MND 2
:SPT 2

Pistol [Activation]
PRJ 5, :ENG vs :AGL , FX: Damage 1
EFX: None

Blaster: Add +2 dice to Combat Actions as Attacker when not in BtB with any Enemy model.

Protect and Serve: Add +1 die when Defending when within 4” of a friendly Cop model, including Cop Sergeants.

Cop Sergeant (1 per card)
Lvl 2 Minion
Living, Sprint 4
HP □□□
:STR 2
:ENG 3
:MND 3

Shotgun [Activation]
RAY 6, :ENG vs :AGL , FX: Damage 1
EFX: Extra Target 2

Go, go, go! [Activation]
AUR 6, :MND vs T# 5 (Limited/Friendly Cops and Cop Sergeants), FX: Attack 1
EFX: None

Blaster: Add +2 dice to Combat Actions as Attacker when not in BtB with any Enemy model.

Protect and Serve: Add +1 die when Defending when within 4” of a friendly Cop model, including Cop Sergeants.

Thugs (3 per card)
Level 1 Minion
Living, Sprint 4
HP □, □, □
:STR 3
:ENG 1
:MND 1

Strike [Activation]
CCM, :STR vs :DEF , FX: Damage 1
EFX: Damage 1

Brawler: Add +1 die to Combat Actions as Attacker against models in BtB.

Hired Muscle (2 per card)
Level 2 Minion
Living, Sprint 4
HP □□, □□
:STR 3
:ENG 1
:MND 1

Strike [Activation]
CCM, :STR vs :DEF , FX: Damage 1
EFX: Damage 1

Get Ready to Rumble! [Activation]
IST, :SPT vs T#4, FX: Power Up 1
EFX: Immunity/Power Down

Brawler: Add +1 die to Combat Actions as Attacker against models in BtB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:58 pm
MortalPosts: 3Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:35 am
Don't forget that in the meantime you can just use the stats from other minions with your models. Easy solution!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:18 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
My girlfriend just called to tell me that I received a parcel today from Beermonkey! Can't wait to get home after work.... :D

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:16 am
So, hapotte, how did it go?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:37 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Everything is great, the only issue were 2 right arms for Loup Garou and some broken fingers on giant Stygian.

I've contacted pulp city and they will send me replacement. Karol was very friendly in the communication. I couldn't have hope for better in a Collector's Pledge, that's a lot of models that left Poland to go to USA to finaly go back up to Canada :)