Author Message

<  From Pulp City HQ  ~  Newbie wants to get started

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:24 pm
MortalPosts: 2Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:46 pm
Hi guys,

me and my friend have recently stumbled upon this game and now we were thinking about getting started.
The theme is really awesome and the game sounds like lots of fun!

Now the question is: where do we get started?

I know there are starter boxes with 3 models each, but we looked through the factions and decided that we were going to play A.R.C against the Coven.
Could you help us figure out what we need to purchase, to get some small games going (let's say about 40€ to 50€ each)?

The rulebook that you can download for free is an older version, right? Should we invest in the full rules from the start, or do the Quickstart Rules suffice?

Also I noticed that there were different cards to purchase, are those needed from the beginning?

I hope you can help us out, so that we can star playing soon!
(Hopefully I havn't overlooked the obvious answer somewhere...)

Thanks in advance,
Felix/Essig


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Essig wrote:
Hi guys,

me and my friend have recently stumbled upon this game and now we were thinking about getting started.
The theme is really awesome and the game sounds like lots of fun!


Welcome aboard. :)

Quote:
Now the question is: where do we get started?

I know there are starter boxes with 3 models each, but we looked through the factions and decided that we were going to play A.R.C against the Coven.
Could you help us figure out what we need to purchase, to get some small games going (let's say about 40€ to 50€ each)?


I would suggest fairly similar line-ups in terms of Roles and Levels for both Teams:

Coven
Comte Vendredi (Level 2 Support)
Loup Garou II (Level 2 Brawler)
Feartigo (Level 2 Blaster)
Rook (Level 2 Tank)

A.R.C.
Dr Red (level 2 Support)
Guerilla (Level 2 Brawler - with a big gun!)
Red Bella (Level 2 Blaster)
Silverager (Level 2 Brawler)

The Coven will be a little more defensive, and the ARC a little more aggressive. Try with 3 models per side from each to begin and work up from there. :)

Quote:
The rulebook that you can download for free is an older version, right? Should we invest in the full rules from the start, or do the Quickstart Rules suffice?


The old download rule book is for the previous edition of the rules. The Quickstart Rules will get you by for most models but are obviously not the complete game; they will do to begin with. :)

You can download them from this page: http://pulp-city.com/downloads-2/

Quote:
Also I noticed that there were different cards to purchase, are those needed from the beginning?


Several models have variant cards; don't worry about them - they represent evolving story-lines. You can always pick them up later. :)

Some models have recently been re-sculpted and the newer models come with new cards; for Pulp City you can use whichever version of the same character you want with whichever cards to choose from for that character.

Quote:
I hope you can help us out, so that we can star playing soon!
(Hopefully I havn't overlooked the obvious answer somewhere...)

Thanks in advance,
Felix/Essig


I hope that helps, and please continue to ask questions.

In addition, there is a Facebook Citizens of Pulp City page which is good for helpful hints etc.



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:19 am
MortalPosts: 2Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:46 pm
Thanks for the fast and detailed reply!

Both Teams seem pretty cool (at least in regards to their models).
I noticed in a Video I saw and in the Quick Start Rules that some models enable the use of minions. Would we habe to pick a couple of those up as well - I mean to geht the balance right?

When I mentioned the cards I ment the leader cards and agenda cards from the store. Are those needed too?

Thanks again for the help!

Best Regards,
Felix


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:15 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Essig wrote:
Thanks for the fast and detailed reply!


No problem. :)

Quote:
Both Teams seem pretty cool (at least in regards to their models).
I noticed in a Video I saw and in the Quick Start Rules that some models enable the use of minions. Would we habe to pick a couple of those up as well - I mean to geht the balance right?


It will make a small difference, but not overly, and you may find it easier just to focus on Supremes for the first few games. :)

Quote:
When I mentioned the cards I ment the leader cards and agenda cards from the store. Are those needed too?


Leader cards are only used when you field a leader (with two exceptions for non-Leaders); as a consequence something you can add later. the rules for the Leader Cards are in the full rule book as well as being in the card pack.

Similarly, Agenda rules are in the book as well as the plot & agenda card pack - the cards make for easier reference during a game.

You don't need either pack yet with those two lists above.

Quote:
Thanks again for the help!

Best Regards,
Felix


Glad to help. :)



_________________
Pulp Citizen (blog): link
Hairy sticking: TINY!; Red Bella; Slug Muldoon; Painted 154 Pulp City minis;
Offline Profile WWW

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
4 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron