<  FAN SECTION  ~  New Resources challenge thread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Okay we have the agenda and traits/skills thread, so what about a thread to post resource ideas?

To kick off:

Elite Mercs
Minions, 2 Mercs/card
Villains, level 2
:STR 3
:DEF 3
:ENG 4
Damage M1 ? ? M2 ? ?

Strike ( :STR vs. :DEF /AP1 for each Merc)
Automatic Weapons ( :ENG vs. :AGL /RNG 6/AP1 for each Merc)

Elite Soldiers:
Increase cover bonuses for Elite Mercs by +1 to a maximum of +3; no bonus is gained for being in the open.

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Lucky Charm
Personal, Artifact
Heroes, Villains, level 1

When counting origin in the case of ties, the supreme possessing this resource always counts as being whichever origin they prefer for the purpose of the tied result only. Can be used as many times as required.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm
Novice Sidekick
Minion
Heroes, Villains, level 2
:STR 4
:DEF 4

Damage ? ? ? ?

Strike ( :STR vs. :DEF /AP1 )

Talents and Equipment:
Choose one of the following when a Novice Sidekick is recruited:
Super Strong: the Novice Sidekick has :STR trump trait
Throwing Weapon ( :STR vs. :AGL /RNG 6/AP 1)

Trained by a Supreme:
The Novice Sidekick is recruited by a specific supreme. Add +1 to opposed rolls when within :MND inches of the designated supreme, in addition to any other applicable bonuses. The novice supreme can receive orders from any eligible supremes as normal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:51 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Paparazzi
minion, 2 minions/card
Universal, lvl 2

:STR 2
:DEF 2

Damage M1 ? M2 ?

Any gain or loss of agenda points happening within 6 ps of any paparazzo is increased by 1 (losing 2 aps would become losing 3, winning 2 would become 3...), no matter what team. Bonuses are cumulative for several paparazzi up to +3.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:24 pm
John S. wrote:
Paparazzi
minion, 2 minions/card
Universal, lvl 2

Damage M1 ? M2 ?

Any gain or loss of agenda points happening within 6 ps of any paparazzo is increased by 1 (losing 2 aps would become losing 3, winning 2 would become 3...), no matter what team. Bonuses are cumulative for several paparazzi up to +3.

Funny! :D

You mention multiple paps, obviously right now you can't have more than 1 of any resource (unless some new rules come in...) so is it worth limiting the bonus to +2 to reflect that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:36 pm
Supreme Mobile
Personal, Device

:ENG 4
:DEF 7
Damage ? ? ? ? ?

Driving the Supreme Mobile:
This can only be recruited by supremes on small (30mm) bases. The Suprme Mobile is deployed as a model, and the owning supreme may be deployed in the Supreme Mobile. Clambering into the Supreme Mobile requires that the owning supreme comes into base to base contact, and then uses the Get In action (AP1). The supreme is then removed from the board until they Get Out (AP1) or until the Supreme Mobile is destroyed (place the supreme adjacent to the wreck). While in the Supreme Mobile the owning supreme cannot be targeted at all. In addition the only available actions they can use are Move*, Run*, Ram (must be combined with a movement action; :STR equal to distance moved vs. best of :DEF or :AGL/AP1), and any actions granted by upgrades below. They gain Blitzer 3 and cannot cross difficult terrain at all (trying to do so destroys the Supreme Mobile) and the vehicle has the Immovable skill.

Choose 1 upgrade from the list below when the supreme mobile is recruited:
Turbo Booster - Blitzer 5 instead of 3
Energy Cannon ( :ENG vs. :AGL /RNG 6/AP 2)
Flying Car - the vehicle gains the Leviation skill
Passenger compartment - other friendly supremes or minions can peform Get In and Get Out while the owning supreme is in the Supreme Mobile; only one additional model may be carried in this way at any time, and only models on small bases (30mm) may be so carried.

EDIT: added Flying Car optional upgrade

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:09 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
This is a good idea but the make your own minion rules are already written. I would concentrait on Tech Gear and Relic items. More gadgets and Relics are really what we need. Don't worry about the minions those rules are written.

Once you guys see what the minions can do you'll love it. Also I think Morf said that you have to say "Thanks Beermonkey" everytime you build a minion. If you don't you lose 2 AP from your pool for the rest of the game. No really! That's a rule. If you don't believe me roll your :SPT against my :MND . :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:54 am
leonmallett wrote:
John S. wrote:
Paparazzi
minion, 2 minions/card
Universal, lvl 2

Damage M1 ? M2 ?

You mention multiple paps, obviously right now you can't have more than 1 of any resource (unless some new rules come in...) so is it worth limiting the bonus to +2 to reflect that?

It is, since your opponent's paps may as well cover your actions :wink:

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 am
John S. wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
John S. wrote:
Paparazzi
minion, 2 minions/card
Universal, lvl 2

Damage M1 ? M2 ?

It is, since your opponent's paps may as well cover your actions :wink:

Now that is a very interesting synergy - excellent! I hadn't even thought of that. Maybe put "Any gain or loss of agenda points happening within 6 ps of any paparazzo (of any side)" to highlight that point. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 am
Beermonkey wrote:
This is a good idea but the make your own minion rules are already written. I would concentrait on Tech Gear and Relic items. More gadgets and Relics are really what we need. Don't worry about the minions those rules are written.

Wilco. Any thoughts on the first couple of ideas? Balance? Tweaks?

Quote:
Once you guys see what the minions can do you'll love it. Also I think Morf said that you have to say "Thanks Beermonkey" everytime you build a minion. If you don't you lose 2 AP from your pool for the rest of the game. No really! That's a rule. If you don't believe me roll your :SPT against my :MND . :P

What if my opponent doesn't know about this. Do I unsportingly not tell him and let his AP pool diminish when we have the opportunity to BOOM's*...?

*BOOM's - Build Our Own Minions :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 am
Displacer Cannon
Device
One use only

The Displacer opens up a temporary breach in the space-time contiunuum, briefly dispatching the target to another dimensional plane. The device is represented by a model ( :DEF 6, damage? ? ? ?) on a 40mm (or larger) base and that is more than man-sized. It is deployed as per other models within the normal deployment area. To use the device use the following action: Fire the Cannon! ( can be used by science supremes only, either in base to base or from anywhere using Cyberhead; :ENG 8 vs. :AGL /AP 3. If the target loses the opposed roll they are removed from the battlefield (therefore reducing the AP pool) for one game round per point they lost by, returning on the round following this period to add their AP's to the pool. If the target is removed from the board in such a manner when the game ends, they are considered incapacitated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:10 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
leonmallett wrote:
by suprmes on small (300mm) bases.

scalecreep at its worst :lol: (altough 300mm is still not big, it would be huge in pulp city ;))

I think both fluff and gameplaywise two things need be added to the car :

the character generates no AP inside. moving doesnt cost ap (right ? otherwise in the car it shouldnt.) and it makes it much more about managing AP

and, the character needs to get out before the car is completely damaged ;)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:36 pm
Melvin wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
by suprmes on small (300mm) bases.

scalecreep at its worst :lol: (altough 300mm is still not big, it would be huge in pulp city ;))

I think both fluff and gameplaywise two things need be added to the car :

the character generates no AP inside. moving doesnt cost ap (right ? otherwise in the car it shouldnt.) and it makes it much more about managing AP

and, the character needs to get out before the car is completely damaged ;)

Thanks for the thoughts.

Since using the movement options Mmove and Run) and Ram cost AP, as well as possible upgrades, I was going to leave AP as is.

I think I'll add in a damage effect if in the vehicle when destroyed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:32 pm
Beermonkey wrote:

You mean like that?

Grapple and rope:
universal/lvl 1

Grants the supreme 'wallcrawler'.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:30 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Quote:

What if my opponent doesn't know about this. Do I unsportingly not tell him and let his AP pool diminish when we have the opportunity to BOOM's*...?

*BOOM's - Build Our Own Minions :P[/quote]

Ok BOOM is going to be submitted for official Pulp City use! Love it. :lol:

And yes if your opponent doesn't know to kiss my :DEF then he deserves to pay the price. :twisted: